Receiving left sidespin pendulum serve

This user has no status.
I cannot for the life of me return a deafult normal sidespin pendulum serve short. I might just be bad at reading the small difference between sidespin and underspin on the serves, but I hate returning this serve with my BH. Should I just stand more on the corner of the table to return it with a FH push? I hate doing that though as I feel I'm leaving the wide FH table open. It's so much easier to receive with the FH though since you can contact the right side of the ball to go against the spin. But then if I stand too much on the corner of the table, I still can't use FH all the time to receive because if they serve it off the left edge of the table I'm forced to return the serve with BH. Any advice?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If they are rigthanded and you aswell, try using the forehand and go against the spin, hit it on the right side if it is backspin it it. If it is topspin in it i think you can flick it. Proably easier if you aim from where they served from.

You can use backhand and also hit the ball at the right side of the ball if there are backspin in the ball. If it is topspin in the ball you can flick it.

I really think this just comes down to experience, and it is something that it is hard to read about. Keep practicing and try different ways to return the serve.