Help on Beginner Penholder

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey man, you might want to look into Zeropong or Colestt.com for inexpensive equipment. I don't know how much shipping will cost, though. If you order from Cole, his premade buster combo or budget looper combo (both can be found on the main webpage) would be good. Go max thickness on both rubbers. If you want something a little better, you can go with the Yinhe 896 blade with Gambler Burst on forehand and Gambler Mech-Tek on backhand.

Yeah those pages have actually a bit lower prices and good combos but shipping to mexico is about $20 for the fast one its a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Beginner: Yasaka YEO CPen with H3 FH and T64 BH to start.
For more advanced setup: DHS H301 or Butterfly Timo Boll ALC with provincial H3 neo and T05 BH.

Could you explain me why everyone is saying this isnt good because ive heard of h3 as a great rubber, also tenergy but why arent they good for beginners

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
How do you feel about eBay? That will give you better buyer protection. Honestly that blade from tt11 sounds perfect, but the rubbers are less than ideal. If you're going the eBay route, the collective suggestions of DHS hurricane 3, or skyline 2 or friendship battle ii for fh and Palio ak47 blue or friendship focus 3 for bh are winners. The blue sponge is harder for FX so wouldn't recommend it.

I actually use ebay for other thing, checked the rubbers and its aprox. $5 each, more worth it imo buying them from tt11 and getting some use out of that order,

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Friendship 729 super Fx is less than 10€ with shipping and for beginners is really nice, it's the classic Chinese rubber. I don't have any cheap recommendation on the BH side, sorry.

Could it be 729 FX Super Soft for backhand good?

This user has no status.
Could you explain me why everyone is saying this isnt good because ive heard of h3 as a great rubber, also tenergy but why arent they good for beginners

All the equipment in Master Lee's post is great equipment but isn't so great for beginners. H3 is an exception, but we're mostly saying the carbon blade and Tenergy rubber isn't a good suggestion for a beginner. Carbon blades are usually very fast (wayy too fast for beginners) and do not allow you to properly feel the contact with the ball. Tenergy is a very fast rubber, especially Tenergy 64. Using a rubber that is too fast will, most likely, prevent you from learning the proper strokes.

Reactions: Suga D and lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
All the equipment in Master Lee's post is great equipment but isn't so great for beginners. H3 is an exception, but we're mostly saying the carbon blade and Tenergy rubber isn't a good suggestion for a beginner. Carbon blades are usually very fast (wayy too fast for beginners) and do not allow you to properly feel the contact with the ball. Tenergy is a very fast rubber, especially Tenergy 64. Using a rubber that is too fast will, most likely, prevent you from learning the proper strokes.

Besides the fact that a single sheet of Tenergy 64 alone costs double of what was asked for. The guy didn’t even read OP.

Reactions: thekleifheit13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Someone recommended LKT rubber and told me it would feel totally different fron qhat i am using right now could you tell me more on this rubber please

This user has no status.
Someone recommended LKT rubber and told me it would feel totally different fron qhat i am using right now could you tell me more on this rubber please

It's really soft, really light, not very fast, but gives good spin and control. Very good for penhold backhand. I think you want something harder for forehand though. Globe 999 could work. Or Dawei 2008XP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
It's really soft, really light, not very fast, but gives good spin and control. Very good for penhold backhand. I think you want something harder for forehand though. Globe 999 could work. Or Dawei 2008XP.

Aint like that 729 FX super soft on a 1.00?

This user has no status.
It's difficult to dip under $40 for a quality setup from TT11. I understand how you don't want to buy from Aliexpress, but buying from there gives you so much more choices when it comes to cheap equipment. I've never purchased from Colestt, and I've only bought from TT11 and Aliexpress. Just know that a blade that is all wood and no faster than OFF- should be fine, and rubbers that aren't too fast/spinny should work most of the time. I recommend getting a Chinese-style mid-hard FH rubber and a medium ESN rubber. Much of the Chinese equipment sold on TT11 can be found at a lower price on Aliexpress with free shipping.

This user has no status.
I was told that a thinner rubber would be good for my backhand ad someone offered to me 729 FX super soft on a 1.0mm thickness will that be good?

That might be a little too thin, especially with the soft sponge. I would go for 1.8 or so at least. I don't play penhold, though, so someone with experience might tell you differently.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
That might be a little too thin, especially with the soft sponge. I would go for 1.8 or so at least. I don't play penhold, though, so someone with experience might tell you differently.

Then ive decided kind of, i think Yasaka Sweden Classic might be the best blade for me at the price, and for rubbers i want, friendship 729 fx blue sponge for forehand and and 729 fx super soft on red for backhand, i want to know what thickness should i go with both rubbers thanks for all your help