Ollivier Brice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Give this youngster a few years and a bit more training under some Chinese Coaches. Wow his counter is good almost exactly like the Chinese Technique, but he's got a more modern Euro style loop and backhand. His service is good, he's a lefty, and he's got some great tactics. The only problem currently for him is that he has slow footwork. Timo doesn't really out hit him rather than counters and blocks many of his weaker shots. The main thing Timo has on him is his footwork and of course his experience.

Jump to 2:25 and 4:30 if you want to see the most impressive rallies of the match.

Last edited:
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yea he does back off on his forehand side. I don't think he really compares with Robinot and Gauzy though, I noticed when Timo hit it to the forehand side of his body he just completely lost his footing and balance. Some nice shots tho I hadn't seen him before

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm sure Brice would be flattered about being called a young French player. He is from my generation and I'm pretty sure he is 29 this year :D Anyway, I guess anyone on the right side of 30 is still young *2 months to go..*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Oh wow I had no clue he was an veteran player. I hadn't heard of him and he looked fairly young. That's too bad. If he was a good 10 years younger or so, he would have the time to really start ranking up. It's mostly his footwork that does him in. His technique is great, but he lacks the ability to get to ball in rallies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
It was not meant as an insult at all. I just use the term Veteran because he's been playing for quite some time. Typically everyone on the Chinese team over 25 is considered a Veteran. I'm 26 myself so definitely didn't mean anything by it at all.

As for his technique I think it's very solid. He doesn't have that chicken winging technique that so many French players have like Mattenet or even Gauzy. Robinot has much better technique, but he's also able to get to the ball much faster. I felt that if you gave Timo the extension that Brice has, but kept his footwork the Chinese would have a real mess to deal with. Euro BH, Chinese FH Drive, Chinese Footwork, and Euro Loop all wrapped up into a lefty player. Devastating indeed.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
It was not meant as an insult at all. I just use the term Veteran because he's been playing for quite some time. Typically everyone on the Chinese team over 25 is considered a Veteran. I'm 26 myself so definitely didn't mean anything by it at all.

As for his technique I think it's very solid. He doesn't have that chicken winging technique that so many French players have like Mattenet or even Gauzy. Robinot has much better technique, but he's also able to get to the ball much faster. I felt that if you gave Timo the extension that Brice has, but kept his footwork the Chinese would have a real mess to deal with. Euro BH, Chinese FH Drive, Chinese Footwork, and Euro Loop all wrapped up into a lefty player. Devastating indeed.

Lol oh I know I'm just giving William a hard time :p