i want buy DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National (blue sponge)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hello my friends
I want to buy DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National 39 '(blue sponge) but I have a question
What is the difference between 39, 40 and 41

What measurement to be soft sponge

Wait for answers from you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I am currently using 41 but I find that it is not high speed when the sponge is solid

I want to change the quality to sponge faster

Hardness 41>40>39
Control 39>40>41
Spin&Speed 41>40>39

If you just start to play H3, you can start with 39.

Or or you can start with 40, the in your game, if you experience more point under the net, switch to 39. If you still experience more point out of the table, switch to 41.

Personally, if you are non pro, start with 39 as that’s most control.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hello my friends
I want to buy DHS Hurricane 3 Neo National 39 '(blue sponge) but I have a question
What is the difference between 39, 40 and 41

What measurement to be soft sponge

Wait for answers from you

I am currently using 41 but I find that it is not high speed when the sponge is solid

I want to change the quality to sponge faster

No offence, but if 41° blue sponge feels slow to you, then you're most likely just not hitting hard enough.

Actually it's a matter of physics.

Generally spoken softer sponges make it easier to generate speed, but the downside to it is that the tempo has a ceiling at that point, when the rubber starts bottoming out when hitting hard, and at that point the rubber won't allow to hit a faster ball, whereas a harder sponge will allow to hit much harder before the point of bottoming out appears, 'cause it takes much more force to compress the sponge.

But maybe ask yourself first, do you really need the blue sponge version?
the orange sponge version even comes in 36° that is by far much easier to use for beginners or people that don't strike so hard.
From my little knowledge the softest blue sponge is at 39° which would still be considered hard compared to many Japanese or European rubbers like Tony already's written above.
(Remember, on that scale Tenergy is 36°, and there are many rubbers that are softer than tenergy)

Usually i would say if you find 41° not fast enough then go for 42°, but the way how you describe it, you should rather try 36° or maybe 37° IMHO.

[Edit: if it has to be blue sponge you could also consider the new Nittaku Hurricane III pro turbo blue...]

Last edited:
No offence, but if 41° blue sponge feels slow to you, then you're most likely just not hitting hard enough.
+1
My experience with Palio Thors, which is 54° in Germany scale and should be around 40° Chinese scale, is that if you "think" it's to slow, you're not playing with the right technique. That is one reason why I like hard rubbers, they show you immediately, if your technique is wrong. ;)
You should always keep in mind that indeed a hard and tacky rubber might feel slow for all "direct" contact like block, drive or smash. Everthing with a brushing motion can be fast with the right technique.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Driving with harder Chinese rubbers or Thors and similar is fast indeed, but smashing with these type of rubbers is way slower and trickier than with euro/jap.
Maybe that is what the OP means when he talks about speed

says Thank you for your all interest. Please email me at...
Oct 2015
Do you guys boost H3 Neo straight off - or play with it for a bit then boost?

Hurricane is meant to be boosted. It is better to leave the factory tuned layer on and put the booster straight on.

Now what I do for new rubber is as follow:
1. First layer of oil, wait for about 2 or 3 hours, then put second layer of oil on.
2. Waiting about one day, check if the oil gets dry (If there is no finger printer when you press the sponge, which means it is dry). Then put 2 layers of glue on.
3. Once the glue gets dry, put the third of layer on, wait till it gets dry. Then the rubber is ready to go.

Normally, three layers of oil is enough. Small tip: if you have any kind of metal box at your place, put the rubber in after you put the oil on (maybe at the first 2 or 3 hours)

Enjoy Boosting!

Reactions: harty and RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hurricane is meant to be boosted. It is better to leave the factory tuned layer on and put the booster straight on.

Now what I do for new rubber is as follow:
1. First layer of oil, wait for about 2 or 3 hours, then put second layer of oil on.
2. Waiting about one day, check if the oil gets dry (If there is no finger printer when you press the sponge, which means it is dry). Then put 2 layers of glue on.
3. Once the glue gets dry, put the third of layer on, wait till it gets dry. Then the rubber is ready to go.

Normally, three layers of oil is enough. Small tip: if you have any kind of metal box at your place, put the rubber in after you put the oil on (maybe at the first 2 or 3 hours)

Enjoy Boosting!

Cheers - I thought that was the case, booster straight on no need to put a layer of glue first with the Neo's, is that right?

My first go so will see how it works out. But played with a friends boosted H3 BS and it felt amazing.

What does the metal box do - keeps the gases in i guess?

Last edited:
Oct 2015
Cheers - I thought that was the case, booster straight on no need to put a layer of glue first with the Neo's, is that right?

My first go so will see how it works out. But played with a friends boosted H3 BS and it felt amazing.

What does the mental box do - keeps the gases in i guess?

That's right. Put the oil straight on after you open the packaging.

Yes, boosting rubber in a small closed space will have good effect.