Need help for a custom bat transitioning from beginner to intermediate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
I have been playing for 9 months, mostly at a TT club, I play about 5-6 hours a week, that's gonna improve in summertime, so far I have developed a close to the table offensive style of play. I intend to enroll in a few local tournaments in the upcoming months. So far I have been using a excell 200 factory assembled bat by cornilleou, I think its worth noting that the sponges on this racket are about 2mm. But I think its time to upgrade, because my bats rubber are getting worse and worse by the day, and its time to upgrade. After consulting multiple choices on the internet I have landed here with a combination of Butterfly rozena rubbers(1.7 mm) on backhand and fo forehand Donic Senox JP (1.8 mm) and a Donic Waldner Allplay blade. I was wondering if this would be too fast/too slow/too hard to control for a player like me. This setup would amount me to about 100 euros. If you have any suggestions I Would appreciate it a lot, because I don't want to waste my money on a setup that I wont be able to properly use.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
At one point I was looking at a setup exactly like yours. How is the Hinotec all+ blade?

At one point I was looking at a setup exactly like yours. How is the Hinotec all+ blade?
Great, otherwise I wouldn't play it. ;)
It is kind of unique, it vibrates a lot and is really flexible. If you aren't familiar with this feeling, it might feel "hollow" in the beginning. You should ignore that feeling, playing it for three to four times and you're used to it. The control is extraordinary and I really like the "touch" of the blade.
You should be aware that everything other than top spin or something with a "brushing" motion like drive or smash is a bit tricky with a flexible and soft blade. Block might be challenging in the beginning, right now I'm really confident with the blocks due to the superb control of the blade.
What really stands out for me and my hand is the handle. Super smooth and perfect size for me. (I have more or less "normal" to "small " hands)
Sadly, you will not find this blade that easy. It seems that Cornilleau is exiting the table tennis business.
Your setup really sounds reasonable, especially if you take the price into account.
Only the Rozena is a little expensive. I'm also playing with the Vega Intro from time to time. It is harder but I really like it. Just bought it because you can get it in Germany for around 23-25€ which is really cheap! I'm also playing a bit with a TSP Ventus Basic 1.8 on my BH and bought this just because it's crazy cheap with under 20€ a sheet.

Last edited: