EJ's advice needed for a new blade

says [IMG]
Hi everyone, recently I'm switching between a couple of blades and I'm now looking for a blade that combines the strenghts of these blades. Could use some advice of (fellow) EJ's. :)

I like the control of the Fire Fall FC
I like the speed of Rossi Emotion (maybe bit faster, but not looking for a speedcanon)
I like the flex/spin of the Vega Pro (great for FH, less ideal for BH)

Preferred top layer is limba.
Currently using EL-S on FH and FX-S on BH. But to feed my inner EJ, gonna try G1 or BS Z2 for FH and BS Bigslam or ?? for BH.

Is there a blade that combines these features? Did some checking myself and these blades could be possible candidates? Long 3/5 (5 might be too fast?), BTY Innerforce variant, Ovtcharov no 1 Senso or maybe just as simple as a Stratus Powerwood?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Some background info about myself: playing TT for about 30 years and playing competitive at an above average level ;)
Playstyle is topspin orientated. Relying more on proper ball placement than raw speed. Topspin from both FH and BH, however BH is a bit more direct.

Maybe get a heavier Fire Fall FC and transition to something like MX-S/MX-P or all the new rubbers with thin top sheet and ultramax sponge?
Rasanter, Aurus Prime & Select, Bluestorm, Nexxus, Rhyzer and so on?
Edit: Other Fire Fall blade? AC? Should be cheaper than Bty!

Last edited:
Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
If money is not a problem go with Freitas ALC or the new Harimoto ALC, it will be perfect for your needs.

If you are on a budget, Andro TP_Ligna off, any version of DHS TG 506, Clipper CR, Stratus Samsonov Carbon

If you like FXS/ELS, you should give a try to FastArc P1 and C1 instead of G1; that will suit your requirements.

Vega pro is also amazing, if you prefer control over speed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

says [IMG]
@Ingo_Ger, MX rubbers may feel a bit too heavy, but might give MX-S a try.

@chintanmashroo, still have a Freitas ALC, but didn't like it and will sell it soon. I prefer innerfibre of wood blades. The new Harimoto might be worth trying indeed. Haven't checked out P1 but will certainly look into it.

Thank you both for your input!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Here are my recent EJ experiences:

Blade: If you like control and feel, stick with 5-ply (or perhaps 7-ply) all wood. Get something sexy - Nittaku Acoustic or OSP variant (I have the Virtuoso + and think it's marvelous). They're fast (not as fast as a carbon variant), but rarely suffer from going off the end of the table "unexpectedly". I haven't tried it, but I THINK I would enjoy the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition. That blade seems to have mixed reviews here on these forums (e.g., love it or hate it responses).

Rubber: If you like control, Vega Pro is great. I find I like a little more explosiveness (higher throw?) on my backhand, and Rakza 7 meets that need wonderfully. I personally do not like MX-P, as I feel like I get ball slippage when I try to delicately brush the ball. I think Fastarc G-1 might be my favorite higher-tier rubber, as it seems to have fantastic speed, spin, control and short-game properties for me. It's been out of stock for months at TT11 (well, it came back briefly), so I haven't acquired more to stick on all of my blades...yet.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Maybe get a heavier Fire Fall FC and transition to something like MX-S/MX-P or all the new rubbers with thin top sheet and ultramax sponge?
Rasanter, Aurus Prime & Select, Bluestorm, Nexxus, Rhyzer and so on?
Edit: Other Fire Fall blade? AC? Should be cheaper than Bty!

WdM… stands for Winner des Monat.

This is the winning advice post of the month.

Almost NO ONE thinks of advising a player to get a HEAVIER weight of the same blade they like if they are looking for the same feel/properties, but want a more dynamic faster thing.

There are SO MANY rubbers that can work for this it is worse than trying to capture all the Pokémon... they keep breeding new types !!

OP is not incompetent and has some decades of experience. He will know it when he feels it. The rubbers IG mentioned are middle of the pack for modern dynamic offensive rubbers slanted a tiny bit for control and more for offense.

The trick is to discover the sponge hardness or softness optimal for your most important shots. I also prefer, just like IG, a topsheet that is thin and allows easier wrap of the topsheet. Those play more dynamic than others. Usually, those are the ones with a max in 2.2 or 2.3 thickness.

WdM… stands for Winner des Monat.

This is the winning advice post of the month.

Almost NO ONE thinks of advising a player to get a HEAVIER weight of the same blade they like if they are looking for the same feel/properties, but want a more dynamic faster thing.
I'm asking myself if this is "pure Ironie".
;)
BTW:
@OP: Do you mean the Vega Pro rubber or the blade?

Hi everyone, recently I'm switching between a couple of blades and I'm now looking for a blade that combines the strenghts of these blades. Could use some advice of (fellow) EJ's. :)

I like the control of the Fire Fall FC
I like the speed of Rossi Emotion (maybe bit faster, but not looking for a speedcanon)
I like the flex/spin of the Vega Pro (great for FH, less ideal for BH)

Hi,
I would say that Vega Pro is a much faster blade in comparison to Rosi Emotion. Regarding the flex Vega Pro is stiffer than Rosi Emotion. I'm not familiar with the Fire Fall, but it should be harder than Rosi Emotion. So I think it would be difficult to find an innercarbon with the speed of Rossi Emotion, but stiffer and harder.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I'm asking myself if this is "pure Ironie".
;)
BTW:
@OP: Do you mean the Vega Pro rubber or the blade?

Nah, from his posts i think it's safe to say that Der_Echte luvs playing blades 'Marke Vorschlaghammer'.
;)
He's even made a thread about him making a blade heavier since it felt too light and too head-balanced.
But most likely he will answer for himself.

And yeah, i also think if a blade feels right but you want more 'bang' then it could be worth it to try getting a heavier version of the same blade.

Last edited:
says [IMG]
Just weighed my blades:
Rossi 86.0gr
Vega Pro 86.4gr
Fire Fall FC 87.7gr

@Langel, compared to the Rossi, I got more flex in the Vega Pro for sure. That much flex, it crossed my mind that one of the inner plies might be broken even.

A heavier blade is indeed a good option of which I haven't thought about. Too bad the Vega Pro is discontinued and already difficult to find. The new Fire Fall FC is listed on Victas' homepage at 82gr, so a heavier version than my current one, might be hard to find.