What is Stiga "WRB"?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
What is the difference between the normal and WRB in stiga blades.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Stiga-WRB-desc.jpg

The Rate of Recovery is arguable since the weight reduction achieved by hollowing out the handle shifts the balance toward the blade head, which increases the moment of inertia, which actually makes it harder to swing the blade.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'm with Zeio,

WRB is bad.

Weight balance is pushed up, exact opposite what most people want.
Recovery slower, Zeio's comment is much more technical lol.
Sensitivity is worse, less feel is transferred to you hand, makes the blade feel "duller/flimsy".

Go with the regular handle, a few extra grams saved is not worth the shift.

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Even non WRB handles by Stiga are almost always hollow.
If you fill the space in the handle balance and feel improves.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Der Echte is right. Beastmod the way to go!

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
You are for all intents and purposes boosting a racket, is that even legal? Can they test for it?

There’s no such thing as a LARC equivalent for blades. And fairly limited requirement, other than having to be mostly wooden. Beyond that, all shapes and sizes go.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You are for all intents and purposes boosting a racket, is that even legal? Can they test for it?
Fais, please dont get me started.

Butterfly hollowed out an entire handle rammed in a carbon tube, bookended that with rubber shocks, sanded it down, called it VSG TECHNOLOGY... and we dont call bloody foul... and even pay moar !

Andro hollowed out a handle, tossed in some tiny balls that will move forward as you swing and called it KINETIC... and we collectively applauded...

Andro or another outfit hollows out a handle and injects FOAM into the handle and calls that SUPER CORE...and we all gotta buy it like Pokemon.

DHS inverts a screw and nut into the handle to allow the user to shift weight up or down... call it TRANSFORMER... we dont protest.

All these tt outfits selling what is NOT a consistent layer... and ittf is ok.

Dont get me started if filling in an empty space of a handle that is supposed to be filled is an illegal action. Dont go down that rabbit hole, a bear trap gunna clamp down on your low hanging fruit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Fais, please dont get me started.

Butterfly hollowed out an entire handle rammed in a carbon tube, bookended that with rubber shocks, sanded it down, called it VSG TECHNOLOGY... and we dont call bloody foul... and even pay moar !

Andro hollowed out a handle, tossed in some tiny balls that will move forward as you swing and called it KINETIC... and we collectively applauded...

Andro or another outfit hollows out a handle and injects FOAM into the handle and calls that SUPER CORE...and we all gotta buy it like Pokemon.

DHS inverts a screw and nut into the handle to allow the user to shift weight up or down... call it TRANSFORMER... we dont protest.

All these tt outfits selling what is NOT a consistent layer... and ittf is ok.

Dont get me started if filling in an empty space of a handle that is supposed to be filled is an illegal action. Dont go down that rabbit hole, a bear trap gunna clamp down on your low hanging fruit.

This is pretty funny. Yep. I have seen all the handle devices Der has described. There should be nothing wrong with filling in a handle that was hollow.

One thing lasta said that I would like to correct. Hollow handle does create more vibration so, you feel more. But solid handle feels more solid. You get less vibration but the feeling is more than enough and it feels cleaner. Less of the vibrations you don't want.

Until Der felt my old Stiga Allround Evolution, he described Stiga blades as blades with earth quake vibrations. That is because of the hollow handle. But, when he felt my Allround Evolution, he had to have his own and he had to Beast Mod it. Hahahahah.

It is interesting how the extra weight in the handle does make the blade feel lighter, make it easier to take a faster stroke and make it easier to reset faster.

One of the things the TT companies are doing by hollowing out the handles and pretty much all of them do it, is they are taking a 90+ gram blade and saying it is an 85 gram blade because they cut out 5-7 grams of weight from the handle. So a blade which would be 90 grams but has 7 grams of weight pulled out of the handle will not play like a blade that is balanced and 83 grams. But it will not play like a 90 gram blade that is evenly balanced either.

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I performed the "beast mod" on my Stiga Allround Evolution and with the enhanced balance I like it even more. The so called super core cell and kinetic handles from Andro are actualy really nice (imho).