New blades - ANDRO Gauzy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
did you try it?

Just a bit.

For a 7-ply hard all wood blade it feels very good and controllable. In my opinion, better touch than Stiga Ebenholz, which would be one to compare it with, due to the ebony outer ply.

Works well with R53, but I put on a backhand rubber that sucked a bit (from "other" manufacturer), so will keep playing it at least for one more week before I make a decision whether to keep or go back to carbon (Treiber CO).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Is it the same thing as cornilleau gatein absolum?
Just a bit.

For a 7-ply hard all wood blade it feels very good and controllable. In my opinion, better touch than Stiga Ebenholz, which would be one to compare it with, due to the ebony outer ply.

Works well with R53, but I put on a backhand rubber that sucked a bit (from "other" manufacturer), so will keep playing it at least for one more week before I make a decision whether to keep or go back to carbon (Treiber CO).

says Hi thanks for your reply. May I know what rubber are you...
Just a bit.

Hi Airoc, nice feedback.

Appreciate if you could share more about this Andro Gauzy SL Off blade with R53 ultramax rubber on it and it is a super stiff hard wood blade that need more hitter or is it with good touch feeling but not as hard as EbenholZ? I am a user from Viscaria ST with R53 ultramx both side who hope to play like Gauzy Style. Also appreciate if you could share whether it feel same as Cornilleau Gatien Absolum (even though wood structure is similar but speed and control might be different).
Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
anybody tried the Gauzy HL CO Off and can tell a little bit about it? Comparisons to other blades like Viscaria appreciated

It has taken some time since I didn´t want to buy one for testing, but I came across one (and another Gauzy blade, more of which later).

The HL CO is a moderate carbon blade, that is not to say a soft carbon blade.
It feels like "good old carbon" without additional fibres and is considerably slower than a Treiber CI/CO for example, it also feels harder and more direct than Treiber FI/FO.
All in all, paired with R48 it felt really nice to play, probably a bit better suited for direct open play than opening up against underspin (no worries with R48 in that discipline either, but harder rubbers I am not as sure).
I quite liked the first impression and could imagine the HL CO well with R48 forehand side and a slightly harder rubber on backhand (where my acceleration is much better) for opening up or push and block.

BUT the winner of the day (I also tried a Ligna, a Treiber and the Gauzy SL which I already knew) was the BL 5 ALL. For some reason, it was prepared for testing with R53 which is unusual for that kind of blade, and in that combination I found it to be fast enough for most situations except maybe very far from the table and a surprisingly high arc (for which the rubbers take a part of the responsibility). What you would expect is that it offers very good control.
Now what to make of it? This will be my blade of choice to give to beginners, paired with medium hardness rubbers (Vega Intro, GTT 45, anything moderate) to then upgrade to rubbers in the same hardness area with more performance (Hexer PowerGrip, R47).
I also think it will work well with HeXer Grip or anything else from the mid-range.

I had to give all the rackets back after testing and they are not available for a second or third impression for weeks to come, but I am really thinking of buying the BL 5 (excellent quality also by the way, made in Sweden and only 40 Euro!) for my personal "test center" ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
It has taken some time since I didn´t want to buy one for testing, but I came across one (and another Gauzy blade, more of which later).

The HL CO is a moderate carbon blade, that is not to say a soft carbon blade.
It feels like "good old carbon" without additional fibres and is considerably slower than a Treiber CI/CO for example, it also feels harder and more direct than Treiber FI/FO.
All in all, paired with R48 it felt really nice to play, probably a bit better suited for direct open play than opening up against underspin (no worries with R48 in that discipline either, but harder rubbers I am not as sure).
I quite liked the first impression and could imagine the HL CO well with R48 forehand side and a slightly harder rubber on backhand (where my acceleration is much better) for opening up or push and block.

BUT the winner of the day (I also tried a Ligna, a Treiber and the Gauzy SL which I already knew) was the BL 5 ALL. For some reason, it was prepared for testing with R53 which is unusual for that kind of blade, and in that combination I found it to be fast enough for most situations except maybe very far from the table and a surprisingly high arc (for which the rubbers take a part of the responsibility). What you would expect is that it offers very good control.
Now what to make of it? This will be my blade of choice to give to beginners, paired with medium hardness rubbers (Vega Intro, GTT 45, anything moderate) to then upgrade to rubbers in the same hardness area with more performance (Hexer PowerGrip, R47).
I also think it will work well with HeXer Grip or anything else from the mid-range.

I had to give all the rackets back after testing and they are not available for a second or third impression for weeks to come, but I am really thinking of buying the BL 5 (excellent quality also by the way, made in Sweden and only 40 Euro!) for my personal "test center" ;)
I think Treiber CI and CO are similar with innerlayer ZLC and jun ZLC of butterfly, and HL CO is similar with Maze alc. It 's right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Interesting.
Patrick from tabletennis11 said very good things about the BL7 too. Seems like Andro is doing well with its no frills "basic" line.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I think Treiber CI and CO are similar with innerlayer ZLC and jun ZLC of butterfly, and HL CO is similar with Maze alc. It 's right?

I think the KVL Carbon used on all three is nothing like the Zylon Carbon used on the BTY ZLC.
Andro have a fibre simialr to Zylon in the Treiber FI and FO, but it is not paired with carbon there, so they´d be more similar to ZLF blades.

For me, the outer fibre CO plays more accurately and gives better feedback than the inner fibre CI. I experienced the same with FI and FO, so for some reason the rule "inner layer for more control and better feedback" is broken here.

The HL CO is slower than Treiber probably due to the use of other veneers.

In comparison to BTY, I can only say Treiber CO supports spin generation better and gives better feedback than Boll ALC - true for all 4 Treiber CO I played over time compared with twice as many ALCs.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I think the KVL Carbon used on all three is nothing like the Zylon Carbon used on the BTY ZLC.
Andro have a fibre simialr to Zylon in the Treiber FI and FO, but it is not paired with carbon there, so they´d be more similar to ZLF blades.

For me, the outer fibre CO plays more accurately and gives better feedback than the inner fibre CI. I experienced the same with FI and FO, so for some reason the rule "inner layer for more control and better feedback" is broken here.

The HL CO is slower than Treiber probably due to the use of other veneers.

In comparison to BTY, I can only say Treiber CO supports spin generation better and gives better feedback than Boll ALC - true for all 4 Treiber CO I played over time compared with twice as many ALCs.
Tks very much, because your review, i will try a treiber co blade after playing some alc and zlc blades of butterfly