Blade and pimples for my bat experience

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I now play with inverted rubber on fh and pimples on bh.

If i should experience with a bat with pimples on both sides, what to do and with what wood and pimples.
I wont buy new wood or pimples have enough to try with
My question is what setup thats good to play with pimples in both sides.

My woods i have is.

Sanwei Fextra 7
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Petr Korbel

My pips i have is.

Dr Neubauer Killer pro 1,3 red
Frienship/729 802-40 2,0 red
Spinlord Waran 1,9 red
Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1,8 black
Victas Vo102 black 1,8

What pimples to forehand and what pimple to bachhand???

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I am No expert in this But this is my opinions. Use the fastest blade of the three.

Then try the faster, thickest short pimples with grip for fh. Like victas, waran or 802 40.

I think there is some effect in the other two that can cause hard balla for the opponent. Or if you so not care about effect you can use on of the other three for bh aswell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Since you already have black and red sorted out, I'd recommend the Victas for backhand and either 802-40 or Waran for forehand. Your blades are not exactly ideal for all pips play, but out of the 3, I'd put my bet on the Fextra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you should try the playingstyle before buying new blades. But Maybe you have more money than me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you can play good with softer blades to. Falck play with Ma lin Soft Carbon which i think is pretty slow and soft. Proably because his game is more based around backhand than forehand in my opinion. But if you have pimples on both side it is proably better with a faster blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
So the Flextra will be the best choise out of my woods I have???
With Waran on fh and Victas 102 on bh??
Or maybe with Spinlord Gipfelsturm on bh???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The Gipfelsturm seems like a weird wrally wide long pips! Are you going for 2-sided attack or some other style? The Victas has nothing but good reviews, I personally wouldn't give it up for mid/long pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Like Lasta say, depends on how you want to play. Think victas is an offensive short pimple and gripfelsturm a medium long pimples.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I would like to be offensive on both wings with pimples.
But also so I can block punch and hit with my backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Haha, don't worry. Short pips are built to block, punch and hit. IMO, they do that better than medium/long pips. With grippier ones like the 802-40 and (i assume, haven't tried) 102, you can serve and loop very well too. Happy smashing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Can i also loop with both pimples rubbers.
I would try out with waran in fh and Victas 102 on bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes you can loop with pips, and the 802-40 would be the best in your batch for that, I'd suggest you try that on your forehand. Better for serves too. But try to get in the habit smashing or at least driving, you only really need to loop backspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree with above. You should only loop against backspin and when you are forced to, when the ball is to low. The best would be if you could smash all the time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You already have the rubbers, try them all then you'll know which ones you like better. Put them back to back and decide for yourself. Except for the Dr. N and Gif, all the rubbers are well-praised, can't go wrong.

Personally, I prefer the 802-40 over Waran because:
1. Much more spin
2. More predictable
3. More high end power (although slower in most other shots)

802-40 is cheap, if you get the chance, buy a hard sponge version and you might just be surprised.