Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2019?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Koki Niwa

• Jun Mizutani

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
I doubted the captain and he corrected me.

shutterstock_169307105.jpg

I hope for a good match between XX and Franziska

Last edited:
This user has no status.
DN outplayed ITO 0-4 . Clearly she was well prepared, and anticipated (more than reacted to) well a lot of ITO's weird shots and placements.

DN ball quality (low and spinny) forced a lot of errors from ITO's flat punches. 0-4 is logical, although, with a bit of luck in the first two games, ITO could have been 2-0 ahead and then who knows.

ITO in interviews has always said she gets extra motivations for defeats and they are a chance to improve. Actually this kind of defeat may be good for her before the bigger tournaments to keep her alert ! I'll see her next WE in Yokohama for the Asian Cup !

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Ma Long is simply incredible. THE GOAT.
I just watched the match highlights on youtube. To me, ML often looked rusty, missing both BHs and FHs that he normally didn't prior to his injury. His serves and touch were good.

Its scary that he won 4-0 over Boll and he wasn't playing any where close to what he's capable of. He did look better than against Tristan Flore. Hopefully he continues his come back from injury.

IMO, if both ML and Harimoto make it to the final, I think Harimoto wins 4-2 with Ma Long in this form.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
DN outplayed ITO 0-4 . Clearly she was well prepared, and anticipated (more than reacted to) well a lot of ITO's weird shots and placements.

DN ball quality (low and spinny) forced a lot of errors from ITO's flat punches. 0-4 is logical, although, with a bit of luck in the first two games, ITO could have been 2-0 ahead and then who knows.

ITO in interviews has always said she gets extra motivations for defeats and they are a chance to improve. Actually this kind of defeat may be good for her before the bigger tournaments to keep her alert ! I'll see her next WE in Yokohama for the Asian Cup !

Is she playing Asian Cup?

This user has no status.
yes I think so, with Kasumi

edit: NOPE , after checking on ITTF website, its ISHIKAWA and HIRANO

http://wtentries.ittf.link/index.ph...esc&resetfilters=1&fabrik_incsessionfilters=0

there are 2 exotic entries

one local player from QATAR, but also one player from IRAN I've never heard about... I thought the locals had only 1 wild card ?

and the reason is spelled here
Winner of the 2018 Asian Cup, Singles Champion of the 2017 Asian Championships, top ten(10) players from the January 2019 ITTF World Ranking List, four (4) RegionalRepresentatives, one each from South Asia, South East Asia, Middle Asia and West Asia. There shall be a maximum of two (2) players from any one Association unless a third player isinvited as a "wild" card". If the Asian Champions is also the winner of the Asian Cup, theavailable place shall go to the next highest eligible player on the January 2019 ITTF WorldRanking List. The ITTF international eligibility regulations 3.8 and 4.3.6 shall apply.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
I just watched the match highlights on youtube. To me, ML often looked rusty, missing both BHs and FHs that he normally didn't prior to his injury. His serves and touch were good.

Its scary that he won 4-0 over Boll and he wasn't playing any where close to what he's capable of. He did look better than against Tristan Flore. Hopefully he continues his come back from injury.

IMO, if both ML and Harimoto make it to the final, I think Harimoto wins 4-2 with Ma Long in this form.

It's the Stag table, causing ML the out of form issues.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
It's the Stag table, causing ML the out of form issues.
Stag table or first international competition in 7 months after injury causing out of form issues as you put it. I will go with 7 months layoff from international competition coupled with long period of time when he was busy rehabilitating himself and not training TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
yes I think so, with Kasumi

edit: NOPE , after checking on ITTF website, its ISHIKAWA and HIRANO

http://wtentries.ittf.link/index.ph...esc&resetfilters=1&fabrik_incsessionfilters=0

there are 2 exotic entries

one local player from QATAR, but also one player from IRAN I've never heard about... I thought the locals had only 1 wild card ?

and the reason is spelled here
Winner of the 2018 Asian Cup, Singles Champion of the 2017 Asian Championships, top ten(10) players from the January 2019 ITTF World Ranking List, four (4) RegionalRepresentatives, one each from South Asia, South East Asia, Middle Asia and West Asia. There shall be a maximum of two (2) players from any one Association unless a third player isinvited as a "wild" card". If the Asian Champions is also the winner of the Asian Cup, theavailable place shall go to the next highest eligible player on the January 2019 ITTF WorldRanking List. The ITTF international eligibility regulations 3.8 and 4.3.6 shall apply.

I'm surprised Japan didn't switch out Hirano or Kasumi for Ito. After all, CNT did replace DN with CM to increase the chances of the latter clinching her first World Singles title (Asian Cup -> World Cup). I imagine Japan would want to do the same for Ito, grooming her to amass all the Singles awards.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

Sorry ... But will Ito play at the Asian Cup?
Sorry ... Already saw the amendment ....

Agree with Janard .... JNT could enable ITO ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
That's what makes this achievement incredible. Like Mario Lemieux when he came back to the NHL after 3,5 years hiatus and still dominated. Like Jordan when he returned to the NBA after a long layoff and still destroyed every opponent. Some people just has *it*.

Stag table or first international competition in 7 months after injury causing out of form issues as you put it. I will go with 7 months layoff from international competition coupled with long period of time when he was busy rehabilitating himself and not training TT.