Who do you think will win the Qatar Open 2019?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Lin Gaoyuan

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Tomokazu Harimoto

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Hugo Calderano

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Lee Sang Su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

• Koki Niwa

• Jun Mizutani

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Liu Shiwen completely shut down Wang Yidi. Seems like those famous CNT close-door training camps are quite something, well at least for the female players XD

Screen-Shot-2019-03-30-at-9-54-15-pm.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Man, a lot of quality shots, I was expecting SYS/WMY to be more dominant and got a nice surprise, this final is better than I expected

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Reactions: ping fun
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If I remember correctly her german is/was pretty bad. I mean she has been living in germany for a many years, she even has a husband in germany. And of course she has a german citizenship. So I was quite surprised that her german was less than convincing.

on a sidenote. Really ITTF, the stream dies at a score of 13-13 in the final game? Come on...

Blue Screen,

I was about to chide you for that, and emphasize the point of it being very difficult to function in another language... but then I look and see your flag indicates Sweden, and like many people of Sweden, you function in English very well, so you have that goodness going for you. EDIT: Main point is you have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE doing just that, the majority of the world doesn't. That counts for a lot and strengthens an argument you present for foreigners needing to try hard and learn. CWX's Austrian German can sound funny, but he functions well and is a good example of someone who tried.

I had 6 months of night school acquired while I had a full time job and I learned to function in German, so I know it can be done without going crazy. I am with you if you are saying even in a tough situation with time, one can still try hard and learn.

However, learning to function in an Asian language is an entirely different animal altogether... and likewise for many Asians, functioning in English, when the school system so brutally forces you to train to recognize (but function) extreme high level English no one would ever use in a real conversation.

In such a situation where the teaching is that high pressure high level and everything keeps moving so fast you have no time to experiment and master/own what is going on... It is extremely rare to find a mind who in these conditions can still take it all in, make sense of it, and focus on functioning with known/learned stuff AND be able to recognize obscure high level stuff you never heard of...

Even Albert Freekin' Einstein's mind would short-circuit trying to do that.

Suga D would likely support this idea and acknowledge this dynamic.

Where I would have more agreement is that if one is going to live in a country as a foreigner, and even become a citizen, one should be working their azz off to function in the language, even if it is not perfect... plus basically take on many of the ways of the land.

I would emphasize that this CAN be done, while still maintaining one's heritage of language and culture.

I can say USA is an absolute killer of language and culture if parents/self do not strongly emphasize remembering where one came from. In less than one generation all this can be totally wiped out.

We have SO MANY Asian 2nd generation (these are kids where both parents are from another same country and kid is born/raised in USA) who are 100 percent Korean blood, who are born in USA or born in Korea and move to USA at age 8... and by the time they are teenager, they cannot go to a Korean restaurant and order food correctly to avoid starving.

That is a strong example of how easy it is to lose your heritage in USA. It can be easy to lose it in other lands as well.

So, I can understand a foreigner's natural resistance... and their efforts to preserve language/heritage...

On anther level, I gotta say that if you go to another land and become or desire to become a citizen, there should be a strong level of commitment to learn the ways of the land and function their way. Displaying shytty language skills after 10 or 20 years living there is unacceptable for that situation.

In general, if you as a foreigner go to another land and sincerely TRY to function in their way, even if you fail horribly, you get respect. After all, it isn't easy. That is a huge fault of many USA people who go oversees, they just demand everything happen in English without even trying to learn. That is also very unacceptable, but a real thing going on. USA people generally are very quick to harass a foreigner for small errors in English, but when the shoe is on the other foot and they are in a foreign land... they are 180 degrees opposite trying to run for the hills if they are faced with learning.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Man, a lot of quality shots, I was expecting SYS/WMY to be more dominant and got a nice surprise, this final is better than I expected

Enviado de meu SM-J250Y usando o Tapatalk

Sun yingsha and wang manyu's shots were surprising and spectacular , I enjoyed so much .

Reactions: PatriciaPinheiro
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
If I remember correctly her german is/was pretty bad. I mean she has been living in germany for a many years, she even has a husband in germany. And of course she has a german citizenship. So I was quite surprised that her german was less than convincing.

on a sidenote. Really ITTF, the stream dies at a score of 13-13 in the final game? Come on...

Is that considered bad? Sounds rather proficient here, perhaps not as good as Shan Xiaona.

Reactions: Joepole and jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
"Thinking of the number of times I have watched Ma Long in slow motion... Just for peace of mind.. so calming. Like a waterfall in slow motion.. Birds chiming... Palm trees."
Adam Bobrow, ahah.

Xu Xin did wake him up at some point in the third, the rythm has been different after that, even his signature posture on the receive. God, I missed this. He's back!