What rubber and blade to use for maximum speed and spin or either of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Hey. everyone. I need some great advice I am now using the xiom muv 7.0s as my racket. I t is a pretty nice one with speed and spin. can you all please tell me a nice combination that I can use when I get better at playing. I am pretty amateur now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, don't do it if you plan on reaching full potential.

But for curiosity and benchmarking, pick up a Yinhe T1s. Others may be much more experienced than me on inverted rubbers, but I swear I haven't touched anything faster than the old Adidas Tenzone Ultra.

This user has no status.
Hey. everyone. I need some great advice I am now using the xiom muv 7.0s as my racket. I t is a pretty nice one with speed and spin. can you all please tell me a nice combination that I can use when I get better at playing. I am pretty amateur now.

Those Xiom pre-mades are pretty decent, but any custom paddle will feel incredibly fast and spinny after that. If you want to develop and learn (which it seems you do from your other posts), your best bet is an ALL+ or OFF- speed blade with slow, spinny rubbers. I like to use inexpensive equipment and can say that a Yinhe N11s is a very good blade to learn with. Pair it with Reactor Corbor, Dawei 2008 XP, or DHS Hurricane 3 on both sides and it is a very good setup to continue learning, without limiting you much in any facet of the game.

All the above equipment can be bought on eacheng.net for less than 40 USD.

This user has no status.
Those Xiom pre-mades are pretty decent, but any custom paddle will feel incredibly fast and spinny after that. If you want to develop and learn (which it seems you do from your other posts), your best bet is an ALL+ or OFF- speed blade with slow, spinny rubbers. I like to use inexpensive equipment and can say that a Yinhe N11s is a very good blade to learn with. Pair it with Reactor Corbor, Dawei 2008 XP, or DHS Hurricane 3 on both sides and it is a very good setup to continue learning, without limiting you much in any facet of the game.

All the above equipment can be bought on eacheng.net for less than 40 USD.

It's a good blade but I actually think a bit too fast. It's a real rocket for a 5 ply, similar in speed to many composite blades. Sanwei m8 or 896 if going cheap Chinese route are quality and a little bit more controllable imo.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC with Dignics 05 max on both sides.
Nah, you gotta put Joola Timeless on one side to add another 10 usd to the overall cost...

The fastest and skinniest doesn't matter a lick if you wi ed old the most expensive setup on the planet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and Ingo_Ger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

To the OP. Be sure to buy two of this setup. Always must have a backup in case you break a paddle or something.

Oh yeah. You'll want to protect your blade. Don't forget a case.

Butterfly Racket Case
https://tinyurl.com/y44zo29k

Remember. One for each of paddle for optimum protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ingo_Ger
This user has no status.
It's a good blade but I actually think a bit too fast. It's a real rocket for a 5 ply, similar in speed to many composite blades. Sanwei m8 or 896 if going cheap Chinese route are quality and a little bit more controllable imo.

I guess that's a fair point, I only ever used it with Illumina in 1.7mm both sides so that tamed it quite a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
video of you playing would help to give people context ... otherwise you can expect these kind of answers ... there is no single equipment solution for everybody .. it varies with your level and technique ..

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Ditto what the experience players have said above about not using the fast rubbers.

The advantage that a pro has over amateurs is that they are better able to hit the ball just right. Their errors are usually smaller so the faster and spinner rubbers don't cause the ball to go too far from the intended spot.

Amateurs are not as precise with their strokes so faster and spinnier rubbers magnify the errors so the variation in where the ball goes is greater. When the ball hits it is good but too often the balls will land or not too far from the intended target. What suckers in the amateurs is the balls that land and win point but the too many ignore the points they lose because the ball went a little too flat and long or wide.

This happens with LP push blocker types too. They get excited when the opponent nets a ball but they ignore the fact they lose lots of points because they can't control the LPs.

Getting rubbers that are too slow is not good either because now you must swing faster to make the same shot. It is harder to make fast strokes as precise as normal ones so errors are made again.

I am a believer in the Goldilocks principle. Get a rubber that is about mid range and learn to play. Avoid extremes where either the rubber is too fast or spinny and small stroke errors are magnified or slow and dead rubbers where the errors will be made by you having to compensate. Also, you will get tired and that doesn't help if playing multiple matches.

There is no force/impulse that one inverted rubber can generate than another can't. It will just require a different stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews

I actually met a guy with this exact combo in a tournament today. He asked if it was ok to switch setup between the sets which I agreed to. I expected him to pull out a Korbel or something but his backup was a Carbonado 290 with the same rubbers :D

(The switch didn't help him that much)