Table tennis dream equipment

This user has no status.
Hi all, just interested to see the responses to the following:
You have £600 to spend on all the table tennis equipment needed for yourself if you trained about 4 times a week, go ahead and splash the virtual cash on whatever you want! ( includes clothing, bat and case,but doesn’t include tables/ robots)
Have fun!!

This user has no status.
If it has to be equipment, £600 worth of my current rubbers. I would imagine this would be most non EJ's answer. Because they probably have everything else they need!

If it can be anything then definitely £600 on one to one coaching. That would be 30 hours. Nothing will improve you faster or more efficiently than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
600 may not be enough, but I would try to buy as many representative blade composition/constructions categories so I know what every "type" feels like. Call me an intellectual EJ.

This user has no status.
£600 is about 700€. Sorry 500€. Sorry 600€. Sorry 550€. Sorry 650€. Sorry 800€. Sorry 700€. (yeah, that was a bad brexit joke). Let's keep it at roughly 700€.

Easy:
- Blade: Stiga Nostalgic Offensive (~70€)
- FH: Stiga Mantra M (~40€)
- BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 (~35€)

(yeah, that's my setup obviously)

which makes it about 140€ a racket. Now wait for it... x2! You never want to destroy one of your rubbers during a competition and be forced to forfeit (or continue in subpar conditions that will put more load on your willpower).
That makes it 280€ and I still have 420 to spare.

Let's spend about 20€ on a case to make it a round number again.

Now I definitely want at least a full set of clothes for each practice.
I'm counting about 70€ for a shorts + shirt set which makes it 280€ give or take.

I've still got 120€ to spare on a tracksuit and a pair of shoes. I'd wait for discounts and could probably fit quite fine in the original 700€ budget.

Reactions: nivekkan
This user has no status.
Nah, if you're going this way, Liu Guoliang or Kong Linghui would be a better choice.

I wonder which of the current crop will make the best coach? Best player doesn't always mean best coach but given his playstyle, careee and what I know about his personality my bets would be on Ma Long.