How to eliminate BH Grip to a neutral grip or how to switch from BH Grip to FH Grip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Hi,
I'm playing with a BH Grip and I'm a lefthander.
So, it is not so easy to generate massive FH Topspins.
Do you have any advice how to eliminate this BH Grip to a neutral Grip or
how to switch easily between BH-Grip and FH-Grip ?
Thanks and best regards.
Erik

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Try holding fh grip and you Will change back to What you are used to so you Will land on neutral grip.

Okay to change grip if you Do it fast enough. Try to hold racket loosely and it Will be easier.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As was mentioned earlier, the key to a good neutral grip is to be more on the handle and less on the face of the blade. This isn't comfortable for everyone. But I'd you can keep your forefinger consistently parallel to the base of the blade it works. It also makes it easier to create multiple racket angles out of the same grip. The key to racket angle changing is to fold the wrist. Fold it towards your body for backhand, fold it away from your body or leave it neutral for forehand. Though some people like to fold it towards their body for all their strokes.

Grip switching is not bad at all and even in a neutral grip people have mild grip switches. If you want to grip switch, the most important thing is to make them feel natural as part of your backswing and return to ready position and not to make them so slow that you can't do them when neccessary. You probably also need to practice a lot. Recovery from serve is probably the biggest regular grip switch in table tennis. Knowing what grip you end up with after you do that says a lot about your TT.