Hello from USA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Picking up Table Tennis again and am glad to have found this community! Times have changed and playing styles nowadays are way different, but I like it. Especially the kid screams. Nice to meet you all.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Picking up Table Tennis again and am glad to have found this community! Times have changed and playing styles nowadays are way different, but I like it. Especially the kid screams. Nice to meet you all.

Kids are pretty good these days. So what was the last time you picked up table tennis? : )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Thank you, I already started watching some of YangYang's videos. It's good stuff. Your club looks serious, open play time every day!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Was pretty serious about it about 10 years ago. Last I played is six years ago, then I quit due to an shoulder injury.

I started watching some games recently and I'm getting the itch to play again. Also it's very exciting to me that Mr. Harimoto has defeated many top Chinese players at such a young age. Seems like it's a good time in the pro scene right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlipBlop575
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
U picked a good screen name.

78cc9ed9262057dc9faf3c75d40c614e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Was pretty serious about it about 10 years ago. Last I played is six years ago, then I quit due to an shoulder injury.

I started watching some games recently and I'm getting the itch to play again. Also it's very exciting to me that Mr. Harimoto has defeated many top Chinese players at such a young age. Seems like it's a good time in the pro scene right now.

Yep I agree this is exciting. Throughout the years I was hoping for someone to challenge Chinese players and now this 15 yo. The "kid" is a serious contender for gold in Budapest imho ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
U picked a good screen name.

Oh it's more than good, it's DOMINATING.

Seriously though, I find it interesting that they just let him scream as loudly and as much as he does. Apparently this is his toned down version even. Personally I think it's funny and I doubt his opponents are fazed by it, they are just too focused on the game to care. But the ultra image-conscious ITTF just let the kid have at it on the international stage? Now that's crazy.

Maybe it's good for business, it certainly piqued my interest especially since Harimoto is so good although it does get a bit much sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Yep I agree this is exciting. Throughout the years I was hoping for someone to challenge Chinese players and now this 15 yo. The "kid" is a serious contender for gold in Budapest imho ...

It's awesome, in the 2009 WTTC you barely saw any non-chinese names on the champions list. Now competition are rising not just from Japan but also Europe and Latin America. Calderano really did a number on Fan Zhendong during the Grand Final last year. Fan looked off balance and was just simply outplayed.
Matches are so much more fun to watch now, this is just great.

Reactions: jawien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
for sure, but my weakpoint has never been my stroke. It's everything else, footwork, planning, handling the pressure. But I am taking it easy. Just looking to get back into it and have fun.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Looks like you didn't catch the news on Harimoto getting warned for his loud screams. Anyways, he was warned twice now because of his behavior (one for screaming too loud and too frequent, one for not shaking the opponent's hands first after a match). Oh, and also his basically Chinese ... at least both his parents are from China, and both were professional table tennis players before.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Looks like you didn't catch the news on Harimoto getting warned for his loud screams. Anyways, he was warned twice now because of his behavior (one for screaming too loud and too frequent, one for not shaking the opponent's hands first after a match). Oh, and also his basically Chinese ... at least both his parents are from China, and both were professional table tennis players before.
When did he get warned for the screams?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Looks like you didn't catch the news on Harimoto getting warned for his loud screams. Anyways, he was warned twice now because of his behavior (one for screaming too loud and too frequent, one for not shaking the opponent's hands first after a match).
Thanks for this, i didn't know this. That would be more in line with what I expect from ITTF. Hopefully he can tone it down and not affect his game.
Oh, and also his basically Chinese ... at least both his parents are from China, and both were professional table tennis players before.
Yeah I actually read a bit of his bio and knew about his parents, his last name is a bit strange for a native Japanese. Anyhow, since he was born in and grew up in Japan, that's Japanese enough for me. Especially since his parents are naturalized citizens also. If Harimoto's parent came to the US and raised their son here, we would fully embrace Harimoto as a US player even though his techniques and training method would be "Chinese". Honestly we need more people like his parents immigrating to different countries and export/leak Chinese TT knowledge worldwide. It makes for a more competitive game and everyone will get better as a result.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Thanks for this, i didn't know this. That would be more in line with what I expect from ITTF. Hopefully he can tone it down and not affect his game. Yeah I actually read a bit of his bio and knew about his parents, his last name is a bit strange for a native Japanese. Anyhow, since he was born in and grew up in Japan, that's Japanese enough for me. Especially since his parents are naturalized citizens also. If Harimoto's parent came to the US and raised their son here, we would fully embrace Harimoto as a US player even though his techniques and training method would be "Chinese". Honestly we need more people like his parents immigrating to different countries and export/leak Chinese TT knowledge worldwide. It makes for a more competitive game and everyone will get better as a result.

Agreed, when someone dominates a game for too long it takes all the fun out of it, that's why ITTF have been changing regulations on equipments, but seems like Chinese players adapts faster (duh, why you think they're the best lol).

When did he get warned for the screams?

Good question, I read a while back on a Chinese forum, I'll try to find the source.