Is this blade too fast for me?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
BTW: during the point that starts at about 4:26, your opponent hit a shot that hit the net, popped up and then took two moderately high bounces. You were so committed to where you thought the ball would end that you were not able to adjust or make any play at all on the net ball.

That is really a shot you should be able to adjust to and make a decent play on. That net should have been an easy winner for you. Your response there should also give you a reality check as to your readiness. If you cannot adjust and at least try to make a play on a net ball that has a lame duck bounce, then it shows you are not properly set and are overcommitted to the shot you are thinking you will make.

One of the guys I used to train with, Edmund Suen, when we were doing drills about adjusting to random placement, he used to aim to clip the net. Edmund explained to me that, if I had so fully committed to the shot I thought was coming that I needed work on making my reset faster and staying in a ready position longer while moving to the ball.

Reset and ready position are as much about what your feet do as what your arms and upper body does. This can be practiced. And it is a fundamental detail in footwork; you would be helped immensely if you trained and focused on reset and ready position; adjusting to random placement; multiball drills that speed things up.

If you work on it, that net that gave your opponent a free point will turn into points you are putting in your hip pocket.

Sent from my NSA SpyPhone from Sector 13D-SR13Z74 Sub Level 29X Fort Meade, Maryland

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte and MOG