Joo Se Hyuk goofing off with amateur TT Player promoting Nexy

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
JSH is in another Nexy vid and it opens goofing off with an amateur player... in CHEOLWON... near the DMZ. I did a tourney in that gym in 2013... they give away the best rice you ever had.

Vid goes into the rest of tourney with players at low, medium, and upper levels. (mostly lower level players getting the 15 minutes of fame)

Enjoy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
This is a great vid. It equates TT with happiness and community. Makes me want to go to Korea. it's been a decade... :(

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
When I was in Korea, to tourneys, I would squeeze in a 24 ok of beers and get 3-4 of the opposing clubs coaches boozed up to increase our odds.

You enter the venue and OCCUPY a 100 seat section... take naps, drink, cook stew, eat, talk, crack jokes, and generally have the time of your life well before any matches start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
How does he actually spell his name using latin characters? The BTY blade says "Joo Sae Hyuk" as well as some of his shirts. But you also see "Joo Se Hyuk" quite often. Is the translation from hangul to latin never 100% clear cut?

There's no formal rule. People use whatever sounds right to them. There will always be a popular format though. Like 'ae' will be more common than just 'e', especially since other consonants match better with the same pronunciation, like 'bae' vs 'be', 'tae' vs 'te', etc. But it's never a hard rule, and in cases like Joo Se Hyuk, I find the 'se' version used more often.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As a foreigner, I cannot comprehend how we can try to express Korean with letter that are not Korea. It makes no sense to me.

The Korean alphabet doesn't take very long to learn and is very efficient and natural.

We get into problems when we try to Romanize Korean.

I function in Korean at a very high level and for the life of me I cannot do the job using Romanized letters, I need to use the Korean in its natural state. I would so totally jack it all up if I had to use only Romanized letters.