Infinity vps or clipper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think most loopers would prefer the softer and springy feel of the Infinity. The Clipper is stiffer, harder, and faster but suited to a more direct playstyle.

This user has no status.
For me personally clipper wood no contest.
Infinity VPS has a slightly wierd hollow feel and is a light blade by stiga standards(i prefer heavier blades). Has known big QC issues with delamination and splintering.
Clipper is a solid blade which is not as good for looping but much better at punching and blocking than the infinity and can still loop fine with good technique. You will get less feedback but it will be better feedback.

The real contest should be Primorac Vs Clipper as theyre both just that little mroe legendary and solid

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I would stay far away from the vps. Haven’t tried the clipper, but the vps has no feeling whatsoever.
Tastes and impressions tend to vary. Talk about the Clipper around here is so great I really want to try it. However when I picked up the Infinity it was love at first sight. So much more speed and power than all the All+ and Off- blades I had before, yet so much control and crisp touch on the ball.

Compared it to a Ligna Off which felt dead and squishy, and some carbon blade, but didn't like the numbness (played all wood all my life).

Maybe best try it yourself and.. then stick to it for quite some time, coz only then does the feeling for the blade increase.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Often people who feel certain blades are too slow simply need better technique. Those blades that are Off- speed are better for improving technique. I can make an Offensive Classic sing.

Have you tried Offensive Classic?

What about Xiom Offensive S. One step up from what you are using and it has excellent feeling. I think that may be better for you than either the Infinity or the Clipper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
UpSideDownCarl if you had to choose between infinity and clipper which one do u think is better and more consistent

LOADED QUESTION.

Carl, of course, would go for the Allround Evolution with Beast-Mod every day of the week.

It is only that Stiga paid him off to talk nice about their other products.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
with you, which play style will fit to 7-ply of wood and which will fit to 5-ply of wood?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
LOADED QUESTION.

These are assertions, not questions.

I think the question Der was referring to was, which blade I would prefer between Infinity and Clipper. I think he was saying that was a loaded question. But he was making a joke about the Allround Evolution with Beast Mod and how I like that better. :)

with you, which play style will fit to 7-ply of wood and which will fit to 5-ply of wood?

Clipper is an excellent blade. I still think it is one of Stiga's best blades. Better than a lot of newer stuff. It has great feeling and is solid, crisp, spinny with good control for such a fast blade. But for someone who is saying that they are a "pretty amateur player" the Clipper is probably too fast. And the Infinity would be fine. But there are lots of things that are less expensive and BETTER for a player at a level where they are learning and developing their skills.

It is quite usual for someone who is not at a very high level to choose equipment that is much too fast for them. It is much rarer for a person at that level to choose equipment that is well suited to their level of development. Also, a player going from an All blade to an Off blade (jumping past All+ and Off-) is usually making a mistake.

And someone with good technique can make an All blade look pretty fast. Someone who feels an All blade is just very slow probably should keep using it because that means they probably need to improve their timing and their use of body in their strokes. And a faster blade will cause their stroke to get worse because they won't need to develop the timing and use of body to make their shots fast enough with a blade that is doing the work for them. And so they won't because the blade will make them feel they are doing things correctly when their stroke is still not anywhere near efficient or powerful enough. Those things come from timing and body. You don't develop them when your brain is saying, that your shots are too fast and you need to slow things down to get the ball on the table. But when your brain is told that you need to hit harder, those things develop.

It is a little counterintuitive. The higher level player can use the slower blade because their technique is good enough so that the can do everything right and make the blade not slow. And so that player should use the faster blades. And the lower level player can't get the speed out of the slow blade so they want to use the faster blade and that is exactly what will insure that it will be much less likely that they develop the skills that will make the slow blade fast.

Rayden Tan, you don't have to use an All blade. But try jumping up to something Off- or All+ instead of something solidly in the Off category. Infinity may be fine. But there are really other things less expensive and better. Offensive Classic is pretty close to the same speed as Infinity. It uses the same wood. But I think the Xiom Offensive S is better than either of those blades.

Nexy Spear is also a great choice. I got one of those for my sister who is a solidly intermediate level player and that was great for her. Thinking about it, I might go with the Nexy Spear over any of those other choices. But Offensive S is easier to buy from more locations. More distribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D and M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I used both, and still play with Clipper.

faster, more direct (straight trajectory), still capable of a looping blade no problem.

For you that still an amateur, go with infinity.