Current best OX LP and inverted/SP forehand attacking players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Pro women players April 2019 World Rankings

Manika Batra #56 bh OX long pips
Anna Gapanova #63 bh long pips
Amelie Solja #65 bh anti spin

You will also find Linda Bergström at #82. Unsure if she uses sponge or not.

Edit: and the mighty Kim Song I at #16. She’s great fun to watch. There’re quite a few more but I guess that most uses sponge.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You will also find Linda Bergström at #82. Unsure if she uses sponge or not.

Edit: and the mighty Kim Song I at #16. She’s great fun to watch. There’re quite a few more but I guess that most uses sponge.

Do mostly pushblockers use without sponge. Do not think defenders, like Linda have OX. That would surprise me alot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You guys proably are pushblockers i assume? Have no one tried the Carl Prean style? play offensive with long pimple. Maybe you need sponge then, not sure. But i think this style would be a good option now when you have trouble getting enough backspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
You guys proably are pushblockers i assume? Have no one tried the Carl Prean style? play offensive with long pimple. Maybe you need sponge then, not sure. But i think this style would be a good option now when you have trouble getting enough backspin.

Long pips are designed to be a defensive rubber, so to play offense with them is abnormal, a low percentage shot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Long pips are designed to be a defensive rubber, so to play offense with them is abnormal, a low percentage shot.

But it can work well i think with the correct kind of long pimples. Carl Prean would have been some of the best players in the world if he had a better forehand. He showed you guys that it is possible to play that way. Like Falck and Ito is showing that it is still possible to play at a high level with short pips. And i think you guys need to think out of the box if you still want to play a pushblocker style. At a lower level it works, but at a higher t is not enough backspin anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
But it can work well i think with the correct kind of long pimples. Carl Prean would have been some of the best players in the world if he had a better forehand. He showed you guys that it is possible to play that way. Like Falck and Ito is showing that it is still possible to play at a high level with short pips. And i think you guys need to think out of the box if you still want to play a pushblocker style. At a lower level it works, but at a higher t is not enough backspin anymore.

The long pips player at the highest level needs a versatile attacking 4h, doing all the normal shots from any position, close to and away from the table, bh and 4h sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Most the modern LP players at high level are capable of doing push/block, long distance chop, or attacking with both FH and BH. But these folks do chopping a lot more as push/block is too slow.

As I am a low level LP player I find doing chopping far away from table exhausting if the opponent moves me in and out. So most of the time I like to stay closer to table to do chop/block which I don't practice much compared to far-away from table chopping. But it is fun to play LP chopping or push/block and it is less exhausting when practicing (not in real games, though).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Most the modern LP players at high level are capable of doing push/block, long distance chop, or attacking with both FH and BH. But these folks do chopping a lot more as push/block is too slow.

As I am a low level LP player I find doing chopping far away from table exhausting if the opponent moves me in and out. So most of the time I like to stay closer to table to do chop/block which I don't practice much compared to far-away from table chopping. But it is fun to play LP chopping or push/block and it is less exhausting when practicing (not in real games, though).

At the amateur level, a long pips player can be just as effective close to the table. It is not necessary to ever back up more than 5 feet behind the table.

That is very inaccurate. At 1.0mm, lp is a good attacking and blocking bh rubber. It is very hard to chop with 1.0mm lp in a def blade unless you are pro or high level. Also, attacking lp style has good attacking points for bh to bh if you know how to rally and. Not just push or chop.
QUOTE=Loopadoop;267812]Long pips are designed to be a defensive rubber, so to play offense with them is abnormal, a low percentage shot.[/QUOTE]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Depends on the pip friction you have. D.tecs in 1.6 sponge feels FAR different than curl p4 in 1.6 sponge for instance. Even in OX they feel very different. Block angles will need to be altered etc. No sense arguing over generalities of pips when they can be so different!