Playing on work tables (need help with adjustments)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Our work tables are not the best quality, or in the best condition, but we make do with what we have. Unfortunately, though, it feels like a very different game between when I play at work vs the club. The main problem I find is with the bounce. The lower bounce gives me issues when trying basic strokes like an over the table counter hit. The ball just stays too low, and I end up hitting the top of the net a lot when I go for a forehand attack.

I have tried to compensate by opening up my paddle a little more to get enough height to put over the net, but I am not at a level where I can make that sort of attack dangerous. The ball doesn't have enough pace to put my opponents on their heels, so they just adjust and return it without an issue. I could keep practicing this, but I'd like some thoughts/ideas on whether this is the best course of action. Thanks!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
About the only thing I can sat right now is to get in the habit of playing at the table and taking a small step to the ball... plus keeping a enough squat (knee and hip bend) This lets you get close to the ball in a decent position of leverage... allows you to see the ball and then your unconscious can take over. Start your offensive shots with lighter than normal grip pressure, then add more grip pressure as you get used to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
It is so important to win at work? :)

i think you will adapt with time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
About the only thing I can sat right now is to get in the habit of playing at the table and taking a small step to the ball... plus keeping a enough squat (knee and hip bend) This lets you get close to the ball in a decent position of leverage... allows you to see the ball and then your unconscious can take over. Start your offensive shots with lighter than normal grip pressure, then add more grip pressure as you get used to it.

at times i feel like the little kid at the supper table without a booster seat! :p but i get what you mean. i will lean forward even more with purpose!

It is so important to win at work? :)

i think you will adapt with time.

yes :D

It is a different game use different equipment than at the club. Find the right equipment you will have the advantage.

would you have recommendations? LP's? :cool: