New Height to increase as of July 31st 2019!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Yes that's right, this was an April Fools joke :)

It's been confirmed! After years of speculation and tests in the German League the rule to increase the net height has now been approved. After this years World Table Tennis Championships the announcement will be officially made that the net height will increase by 1 inch and will come in effect as of the 31st July 2019.

After a study by AF Sports Marketing found rally length increased by 19% with the new higher net in place. A spokesperson at at the company stated, "some players have opposed the changes expressing their concerns that the adaptations needed will be to big and the training regime will have to drastically change". The consultants at the Sports Company believe this change will improve the global image of table tennis as a sport and bring more fans and higher participation worldwide due to increased rally length.

netheightincrease2019.jpg

There has been a general worry throughout clubs and players alike that not all nets can increase by 1 inch and the cost will be to high to replace them for the new style net. Manufactures are now rushing to get new nets made that will have a total net height of 7 inches.

What do you think of this new rule? Will this improve rally length and the global image?

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I was actually expecting the announcement of a new net construction, consisting of the existing net ("undernet") and a supplanting net on top of that ("overnet"), with a 5cm (~2") gap inbetween and touch sensors embedded in the edge bands of both over- and undernet, today.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Sometimes I remove the net because I don't use it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A600FN met Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D