Need Help on getting a good combination rubber for Donic Black Devil

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi All,

I currently use mark V as BH and GKI hybrid gx as FH on Donic Blackdevil,

Was looking for an upgrade with a better combination for the same blackdevil ply, please share your thoughts.

-Amit

This user has no status.
I honestly don't understand how you can give that advice based on the post of the topic starter. You don't know his playing style or his playing level. Maybe we should stop giving random equipment advice to players we don't know anything about?

@Amit Pandit: There is no such thing as good or bad equipment. It depends on your skill level, your playing style and the equipment you have used in the past. If you really want helpful advice, you need to give more information about yourself as a player and/or post a video of yourself playing table tennis.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand how you can give that advice based on the post of the topic starter. You don't know his playing style or his playing level. Maybe we should stop giving random equipment advice to players we don't know anything about?

@Amit Pandit: There is no such thing as good or bad equipment. It depends on your skill level, your playing style and the equipment you have used in the past. If you really want helpful advice, you need to give more information about yourself as a player and/or post a video of yourself playing table tennis.

Having in mind his primary setup its more than obvious that the OP is much above intermediate level, so I consider my advice as absolutely apropriate.
If the OP feels that his primary setup doesn't suit his level, he has to clarify that and give additional info about style and level.
My answer fits the best with the so formulated question.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
My style is offensive - i try to attack on the first ball, provided the ball height.
Since the ply is hard i was looking for suggestion regarding some good rubber with proper control.
As for my current games, there are times when I try to play the ball down the line during a match, it tends to go out and some of the serves on the net.

Rather than the loop it, goes flat.
So was looking for suggestion on rubber where I see the loop happening.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Having in mind his primary setup its more than obvious that the OP is much above intermediate level, so I consider my advice as absolutely apropriate.
If the OP feels that his primary setup doesn't suit his level, he has to clarify that and give additional info about style and level.
My answer fits the best with the so formulated question.

Yes, correct, its above intermediate,
First I had planned for an attack game, 1st/3rd/5th ball.

I still plan the same but with more control, so was looking forward for suggestions.

Will check Xiom Omega, but the ply is already hard, so was looking forward for soft rubbers, for the bit more control for backhand loops.

what about rakza 9/7 ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you have no problem posting a video of you playing, i think you will get the best advice if you do that.

Reactions: Suga D
My style is offensive - i try to attack on the first ball, provided the ball height.
Since the ply is hard i was looking for suggestion regarding some good rubber with proper control.
As for my current games, there are times when I try to play the ball down the line during a match, it tends to go out and some of the serves on the net.

Rather than the loop it, goes flat.
So was looking for suggestion on rubber where I see the loop happening.

The blade is stiff and it makes looping more difficult. Softer rubbers tend to have lower through and longer trajectory. so if you want to loop, you need harder rubbers with higher through and appropriate technique. Something close to T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
The blade is stiff and it makes looping more difficult. Softer rubbers tend to have lower through and longer trajectory. so if you want to loop, you need harder rubbers with higher through and appropriate technique. Something close to T05.

Since I was searching on- i was looking over Yasaka Rakza 7

Since I was searching on- i was looking over Yasaka Rakza 7

Somewhat. I would prefer Xiom Omega 5 Asia. Omega 7 is with lower throw and need more flexy blade.
Why do you insist to stay with so stiff blade? I see the roots of the problem in this very stiffness. This blade may be perfect for blocks and smashes, but not so good for active spin control. A more flexy blade will give you much more rubber variations and will proove better with your existing rubbers.

That's complimenting to what @langel has to say.

I don't think so.
I don't know what exactly yogi has in mind, he is very experienced and maybe will explain.
For me Mantra S and Rhyzer 43 will have very low and very direct throw with your very stiff blade. The Mantra is slower and if you manage to go low over the net the gravitation would help to land on the table. Vega Europe has a little bit higher throw, but on the stiff blade its still not enough for a good loop.
Do you have experience with more flexy blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I don't think so.
I don't know what exactly yogi has in mind, he is very experienced and maybe will explain.
For me Mantra S and Rhyzer 43 will have very low and very direct throw with your very stiff blade. The Mantra is slower and if you manage to go low over the net the gravitation would help to land on the table. Vega Europe has a little bit higher throw, but on the stiff blade its still not enough for a good loop.
Do you have experience with more flexy blades?

I have played with donic Walder all play and orchatrov carbon.
Needed something more fast, but with a controlled rubber for generating the spin only during serves, was thinking over for softer rubbers.
I really don't to change my blade reason being, at time I go for flat shots during receives and at times during top spin receives , helps me a lot to get points.#unconvetional

The BD blade is a balsa carbon blade so it does not feel too stiff. I am recommending softer rubbers to have more control since the BD is already super fast. I might go for 2.0mm for Rhyzer 43. I have tried the Mantra S on the BD and it is fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
The BD blade is a balsa carbon blade so it does not feel too stiff. I am recommending softer rubbers to have more control since the BD is already super fast. I might go for 2.0mm for Rhyzer 43. I have tried the Mantra S on the BD and it is fine.

Thanks,