2019 Asian Cup April 5-7

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Games won/lost ratio among them as usual.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In bo5 format those can easily be equal too. Points won then? I'd watch another round robin between the 3 :)

Yes points won to points lost ratio. This happened on year in the World Cup where all 3 players went 1-1 and all scores were 4-3 between Assar, Tsuboi and Appolonia.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
WCT finishes 2nd in group when everyone looks down on him.

JWJ dead last, behind Gerassimenko.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Well if it's like that then what's the point of the seedings?

For the preliminary grouping. To ensure that the 'strongest' (according to WR at least) players are not in the same group and knock each other out early on. Of course, we all know that WR is only a reference on paper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
H.T. - Lee Sangsu

WS preliminary - Hirano - Shen Szu Yu
C.I.C. - Lin Ye

WS
Ishikawa - Doo
F.T. - Jeon Jihee

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016

While not as severe as last time, ML still had trouble receiving Harimoto's serve.

A good number of fierce opening loops, still. Also Ma Long's variation in pace seemed to bother Harimoto, quite a bit.

On the other hand I don't think I've ever seen so many winners down the line against Ma Long's forehand, which felt like an actual weakness and downright weird; Ma Long and tactical weaknesses don't often go hand in hand. I guess he was willing to take risks and find himself exposed rather than step away from the table and play into HT's off the bounce counters.

Just a quick analysis and may be completely off the mark, of course.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
A good number of fierce opening loops, still. Also Ma Long's variation in pace seemed to bother Harimoto, quite a bit.

On the other hand I don't think I've ever seen so many winners down the line against Ma Long's forehand, which felt like an actual weakness and downright weird; Ma Long and tactical weaknesses don't often go hand in hand. I guess he was willing to take risks and find himself exposed rather than step away from the table and play into HT's off the bounce counters.

Just a quick analysis and may be completely off the mark, of course.

Liam Pitchford has got a lot of blocks down the line vs CNT to win points. That is a proven strategy.

Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-05/doc-ihvhiewr3450488.shtml
谈到这次与马龙的比赛,张本智和表示自己输球就是因为硬实力比不上马龙。对于马龙来说不存在打起来有优势、劣势的对手,因为他实力太强了,打谁都能用实力战胜对方。在谈到比赛的细节时,他说在第一局时自己在4:9落后时连追4分但最终还是丢掉了这一局,当时他觉得毕竟对方是奥运冠军,没能翻盘也是没办法的事情。在第三局后马龙在发接发环节下了很多功夫,他并没有能很好的应对,拧拉技术也没有发挥出来,因此输掉了比赛。

在采访中,张本智和说的最多的就是“马龙很强”。他表示马龙在场上非常有气场,能给对手很大的压迫感,与去年相比自己很多优势的地方这次都没能发挥出来,如果世锦赛能再次与马龙相遇的话,自己会尽100%的努力去挑战他。
Speaking of this match with ML, Harimoto said that he lost because his "raw strength" is not comparable to ML. For ML, there is no opponent who has advantages and disadvantages, because he is too strong, who can beat anyone with strength. When talking about the details of the game, he said that he won the next 4 points when behind 4:9 in the first game, but eventually losing the game. At that time, he felt that the opponent was an Olympic champion after all, and not being able to make a come back was no problem. Things. After the third game, ML made a lot of effort in serve and receive and he didn't handle that well. Also, his chiquita didn't play out, so he lost the match.

In the interview, Harimoto said the most was the phrase "ML is very strong." He said that ML has a very strong aura on the court and can give his opponent a great sense of oppression. Compared with last year, he wasn't able to play to his advantages on many fronts this time. If he could meet ML again at the WTTC, he will give it 100% of efforts to challenge him.