Do anybody know about GEWO blade and rubber ?

This user has no status.
I tested Gewo Force Arc and I found it like a toned down TB ALC. Not as fast and not so spinny, but if you can't handle TB ALC this is not a bad choice. You can later upgrade to TB ALC once you find it to slow. Comparing to the X-Force it's not a good choice. I also tried it out of curiosity, but not a good choice. I could recommend you a better choice, if I knew how you played and play style. As you also asked Gewo Rubbers are not the best choice, best to look somewhere else for rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I tested Gewo Force Arc and I found it like a toned down TB ALC. Not as fast and not so spinny, but if you can't handle TB ALC this is not a bad choice.

I agree here.

As you also asked Gewo Rubbers are not the best choice

But not here.

First of all, (most) GEWO rubbers are produced in the same factory as most Joola, Donic, andro, XIOM, Tibhar and many others, so to say one brand generally has bad rubbers is hardly justified.

For a spin-offensive game on the ALC I can highly recommend HYPE EL-S 47.5 if you like that sponge hardness, or Nexxus 48 if you want the thicker maxx sponge with thinner topsheet. HYPE XT 50 is a beast, and XT 40 is the most powerful soft rubber I have ever tried.

Depending on your needs and what you currently play, I think a good alternative can be found, although I don´t know your rubbers.

Your blade though, I consider excellent. If you can put the inner EJ to rest you might even be better off than with the Force ARC ;)

This user has no status.
I tested Gewo Force Arc and I found it like a toned down TB ALC. Not as fast and not so spinny, but if you can't handle TB ALC this is not a bad choice. You can later upgrade to TB ALC once you find it to slow. Comparing to the X-Force it's not a good choice. I also tried it out of curiosity, but not a good choice. I could recommend you a better choice, if I knew how you played and play style. As you also asked Gewo Rubbers are not the best choice, best to look somewhere else for rubber.

I just looking for Blade faster than my current blade( DHS FANG BO ALC ) but need control and spinny as same as Fang bo ALC.Actually, I'm very like Fang bo ALC because control and spin is very good but I need some speed or I should buy new rubber.

This user has no status.
I agree here.

But not here.

First of all, (most) GEWO rubbers are produced in the same factory as most Joola, Donic, andro, XIOM, Tibhar and many others, so to say one brand generally has bad rubbers is hardly justified.

For a spin-offensive game on the ALC I can highly recommend HYPE EL-S 47.5 if you like that sponge hardness, or Nexxus 48 if you want the thicker maxx sponge with thinner topsheet. HYPE XT 50 is a beast, and XT 40 is the most powerful soft rubber I have ever tried.

Depending on your needs and what you currently play, I think a good alternative can be found, although I don´t know your rubbers.

Your blade though, I consider excellent. If you can put the inner EJ to rest you might even be better off than with the Force ARC ;)

I want to know about because last week Gewo rubber in my country had discount so much it very attactive to me but I have not used to EU rubber.I have use only CHN rubber until now.If it not good rubber it will cut off my money too much.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
GEWO rubber is any good?

I have yet to find a GEWO rubber I didn't like. The Nanoflex FT48 I found to be an outstanding European tensor; the only reason I'm not using it anymore is that in the end I considered it to be speedy above my skill level. The entire Nexxus series is outstanding; we have high-level players (modern defense style) that swear by it.

Thunderball2 is among the best China-style tacky rubbers I've ever tried. I've recommended it to other club players, playing a game style more passive than mine, and they're thriving like never before.

For myself, I'm somewhat curious about the Neoflexx eFT 48 and might try that at some point as an alternative to my current Rozena. I suspect it to have outstanding non-spectacular and very boring qualities of high reliability, and some spin and power reserves to be unlocked when called for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I suspect it to have outstanding non-spectacular and very boring qualities of high reliability, and some spin and power reserves to be unlocked when called for.

Kinda like that ;)

It could best be described as entry level tensor rubber, just like Vega Intro and some others - reduced catapult and speed glue effect, but not as slow as classic rubbers. Probably like a medium hard classic rubber with a little booster, although I´ve never tried that.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
If it not good rubber it will cut off my money too much.

The problem is, will it be a good rubber for you? You might just buy an excellent European rubber but what if it doesn´t fit your playing style?

Probably, if you find a different/faster Chinese rubber you will not have to adjust too much, you could keep your Fang Bo and save money in the process.

What I read about the Mercury rubber makes me think there should be a lot of faster Chinese rubbers ...

I just looking for Blade faster than my current blade( DHS FANG BO ALC ) but need control and spinny as same as Fang bo ALC.Actually, I'm very like Fang bo ALC because control and spin is very good but I need some speed or I should buy new rubber.
To be honest, how is it possible that a Fang Bo 2 is too slow? I mean, Ma Long is playing a Hurricane Long 5, which should be flexier and slower than your blade and you assume that your blade is too slow? I would stick to it, get better rubbers and try to get the speed out of your body and not your material.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I want to know about because last week Gewo rubber in my country had discount so much it very attactive to me but I have not used to EU rubber.I have use only CHN rubber until now.If it not good rubber it will cut off my money too much.

If the rubbers are still discounted it might be worth giving them a try.

As 'yoass' wrote above, the thunderball2 is a semi tacky chinese type of rubber. So if you're used to chinese rubbers on fh this would make sense. One of my teammates uses it since quite some time now and is totally satisfied with it. He just recently replaced it after more than a year of usage with a new sheet of thunderball2.
[Emoji15]

For bh i would try something like Hype EL-S or Hype XT40 since XT50 could be a bit hard for bh. It's also a bit more forgiving and has a nice overall feel and is powerful but controlled like Airoc already wrote above.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
hype XT-50 should be a good FH rubber in combination with the FB2 - but you have to be able to use harder rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I should practice my stroke before change the balde.

Mostly, this is the right conclusion.

There is however nothing wrong with new material once in a while, if you find it will support your efforts better.
Some people try to adjust to material that just won´t do the job, i.e. someone told them they´ll have more "control" with a thin, slow rubber - but this rubber takes all control for offensive shots away.

You might just want to get one new sheet of a faster Chinese rubber, try it on forehand and backhand, see what it does in direct comparison to the current one. This way, you might get to try three options for the price of one, even discounted, European rubber.

Good luck and have fun.