Help post about table tennis double service tricks and strategy???

NDH

says Spin to win!
dear mentors,

which serve is best for men doubles game when oponent is on attacking mood or looping mood,
if I want to force him to play in forehand where to serve, for to play backhand where to serve,

which kind of tricky serve often fruitfull in doubles,

regards
ahammed from bangladesh

Hi Ahammed,

That's a question that doesn't really have 1 answer.

If the person receiving serve really wants to receive on their backhand, they can stand where they will hit a backhand every time.

Likewise, it's the same with the forehand - If they really want to play a forehand, they will do - No matter where you serve.

As a rule, I try and serve as short as possible and as near to the middle of the table as possible.

I often find "no spin" serves work well in doubles, because the person receiving serve can't really do anything with it, and it gives my partner a nice shot to attack against.

Reactions: ahammedislam

NDH

says Spin to win!
actually I mean opponent will return my serve in our forehand.side.or backhnd side

So, if I'm understanding correctly..... You want to know a serve that will result in your opponent returning the serve to your partners forehand or backhand (depending on what save you do)?

I mean.... They'd have to be fairly below average players to do this.

But, if they are.... It's all about sidespin.

Assuming everyone is right handed.......

To get the ball to come back on your forehand side (where you've just served from), you'd want to serve by bringing your bat from your backhand side, and brushing across the back of the ball to the forehand side.

To get the ball to come to your backhand side, you'd start out wide on the forehand, and brush the ball around the back to end up across your body, on the back hand side.

It's pretty easy to counter, and there is no way you can force an opponent to hit the ball where you want I'm afraid.

Reactions: ahammedislam