Clarification sought

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello ..good day to the reader. I appreciate your expert comment on couple of my queries below

1. Currently I am using Tibhar Evolution FX for both of my FH & BH. My blade is B'fly Viscaria. The rubber is damaged and worn out, however the blade is intact. I am considering to purchase B'fly Tenergy 64 for BH and T05 for FH. Keeping the blade though. My strength is backhand and I love over-the-table-backhand-flip in particular. I love to attack. Can someone comment is it a wise decision going for Tenergy rubber or give your recommendations.

2. While making a serve, if my bat touches the table then is the serve legal (except touching the table rest all are ok) or is the point lost?

3. In doubles are the players (of same team) allowed to comment to each other while the rally is still going on ?....like one guy telling to his team mate when he is about to make a return "you can expect BH"/ "ready to smash" or things like that (rally is still going on). when i play doubles and in the middle of the rally when i am about to make a return i know that the opponent is going to return weakly so i want to alert my partner to move to particular end of table and get ready for smash. Some people say i cant comment or communicate during the middle of the rally. Is it correct?

Thank you

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
1. Don't know your skill level. Top players do chiquitas pretty well with T05, but these players can do pretty much anything to anything with anything (animal, vegetable or mineral...).

2. No problem. Don't hit the table if you want to keep your Viscaria intact, but it's no point loss.

3. Yes, people can talk as long as it doesn't interfere with matchplay. Even coaching is allowed between rallies, as long as it's nondisruptive. During the rally I think you should just play the rally, and I know players that call for a let (and get them from the umpire) if an opponant vocalizes during — often because they interpret that vocalisation as a call for a let.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
1. Don't know your skill level. Top players do chiquitas pretty well with T05, but these players can do pretty much anything to anything with anything (animal, vegetable or mineral...).

2. No problem. Don't hit the table if you want to keep your Viscaria intact, but it's no point loss.

3. Yes, people can talk as long as it doesn't interfere with matchplay. Even coaching is allowed between rallies, as long as it's nondisruptive. During the rally I think you should just play the rally, and I know players that call for a let (and get them from the umpire) if an opponant vocalizes during — often because they interpret that vocalisation as a call for a let.

Thank you for your valuable comments. Much appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi, it would be good to upload a video of you to show us your level.
Other than that, I agree with yoass on the other two points.
One thing to note though is that people will get annoyed if you talk between points, and will rightly call a let 95% of the time, which is fair enough. It’s a bit of a grey area.

Thank you,..will try to shoot and upload