Rakza po on Forehand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Greetings to everyone.

As the season finished for my team, I'm planing to move on sp on my FH. As lula suggested me some months ago, I'll go for Rakza PO, as most people say the feel quite similar to inverted, and best suited for people coming from inverted. On my BH I'll keep using fastarc g-1, which I loved.

Lula recomended to use a quite fast blade with sp, so I was thinking of trying them on my feel hx pro(my spare blade), instead of my all-wood custom I'm currently using. But I was thinking:
Rakza po is said to be quite soft, wouldn't it be a bad choice to use them with hinoki outer? Many coaches online keep saying flexy blade-med/hard rubber or stiff blade-med soft rubbers. Could you give me your opinion on such statements?

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi Spinlord i don't know much about defense players but i must say this : if you are planing to have a reverse rubber on your BH do it with the wider sponge for you to attack if it is necessary

Thanks for the answer chikuy!

I'm not planing to go defensive, I want to go flatter! I am talking about attacking short-pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I Do not know that blade. People often say that Wood blades is best for short pimple But i think blades with carbon works good to.

It Will proably be easier and have more control softer rubbers. I think We Europe go this route in the beginning. In asia i think they use harder rubber in beginning, because they think that you can cheat a little with the strokes with softer rubbers since you get help from the sponge.

I think rakza po is okay, But after Seeing Falck in quatar i think Maybe it have to little grip so it is harder to generate spin. Not sure. Maybe there are other soft alternatives out there with good grip.

At the moment i use 802 40 and it feels hard and dead. I think it works okay But not so forgiving.

Personally i think a to slow or and flexy blade Do not suit short pimple well. I think What you have heard is pretty smart. No good control with hard blade and hard rubbers and not good power from soft blade and soft rubber. But proably depends on your level ans personal preference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi, what's the composition of your custom blade?

I think the Feel HX would be fine for pips, thick blade, soft outer plies, looks fairly stiff. Should give you the "enveloping" feel that I rather like. Only thing worries me is what the core is, if that is fairly soft too, then the blade might feel mushy.

The perfect short pips blade is stiff with soft outer + dense core, but those blades are hard to find.

I'm also with Lula, for forehand, maybe a grippier pips is good. I personally prefer the highly vulcanized 802-40 or TSP spinpips series. Modern ESN pips are (almost) all too slippery.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Also, for forehand pips, harder is better. Go for hard sponged versions of 802/802-40, TSP spinpips/Spinpips Blue (skip the Red/21), and Haifu Dolphin if you can find a reliable supply haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Hi lasta!
The combination is oregon-oregon-kiri-oregon-oregon. Something like the BBC hinoki ghost.

I don't know either the core of the hx pro.
At the moment, I own hx pro, innerforce alc and the custom one!

I am thinking of 802-40 or rakza po too.
Actually, would sp fit IF alc better? Haven't thought about it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Oregon Ash or Oregon Oak? How thick? and is the kiri core thick or thin? If its thick enough (blade, not core), I think it could be a very good blade!

BTW the BBC Ghost has a hard mahogany core, not kiri. That blade would be excellent for short pips play.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You will get different opinions about ALC blades. With hard rubbers, it should be fine. But I used the old Xiom Stradivarius with soft pips for about a year and hated the vibration dampening properties (feels like you are not hitting hard enough). Again, subjective, some people don't mind that.

I much prefer thick all wood blades which hit much more crispier, and the "penetrating" crack feel is very addictive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
7.5mm?! I think you should stick with this! And do let me know how it plays!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
7.5mm with hard veneers, your blade should be even faster than the Mazunov and that blade is a solid Off+. I still think it would be your best bet from your current arsenal. Just grab some pips and try it out. As long as the smashing doesn't feel too hollow, you should be fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
does no one you train with or in the same hall have short pimples? hard to read about rubbers, best is to try them. I have not tried blowfish. Tried someones victas 102 or something like that. Pretty soft but fast.

I think if the short pimple have grip and is pretty fast, and not crazy soft or crazy hard it will work out okay :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I have tried with short pimples 2 times now. 1 tournament and 1 practice night.
Won 1 match at the tournament by 3-0. Lost the other 4 matches in 5 set tight only.
Only played with sp on both sides 5 minutes before the tournament started, so i think i handled i okay.
Tonoght i trained with Victas 102 1,8 on fh and Waran 1,9 on bh on my spare blade Yasaka Ma lin Carbon wood.
It felt god with Victas 102 on fh but feels like Waran is to hard on bh.
Im i doubt if i should stay with short pips at all or try to play sp on fh only and inverted on bh.
My fh loop and serve is my weapon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I have tried with short pimples 2 times now. 1 tournament and 1 practice night.
Won 1 match at the tournament by 3-0. Lost the other 4 matches in 5 set tight only.
Only played with sp on both sides 5 minutes before the tournament started, so i think i handled i okay.
Tonoght i trained with Victas 102 1,8 on fh and Waran 1,9 on bh on my spare blade Yasaka Ma lin Carbon wood.
It felt god with Victas 102 on fh but feels like Waran is to hard on bh.
Im i doubt if i should stay with short pips at all or try to play sp on fh only and inverted on bh.
My fh loop and serve is my weapon

Why would you use short pimple if forehand loop is your weapon? Also hard to learn to twiddle fast enough so Maybe need to serve with short pimple and hard to generate as much spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I only tried it for fun to see how it was playing like that.
My main padle is Fextra 7 with inverted on fh and waran on bh
But the wood feels hard as i cant get the same spin in fh as with softer wood.
Waran feels more dead on Fextra in bh than with Yasaka ma Lin carbon.
Maybe its a mistake that i have bought Fextra 7 wood