Rakza po on Forehand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Just finished a 3hour session with rakza po on FH.
It was fine, a little tricky sometimes. I am used to inverted rubbers and sometimes I let the ball fall quite much and ended up on the net.
Service returns were quite easy, but seems like it needs much practice to get used to it and get the full potential.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
You will need a completely different set of strokes. I recommend watching old Zhan Jian videos. He has the backhand loop, forehand kill combos down pat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you post a video maybe we can help you. I recommend watching instruction videos with wang zeng yi, liu gouliang and jiang jialiang. They are penholders but the technique is basically the same.

Try to think about this:
have an open racket angle
you want to smash the ball, not loop
you want short contact with the ball, so no long stroke and accelerate and explode at the ball contact.
Tense a little when you hit the ball. Without resistance it will not be a powerful shot.
The power should come from forearm and finger. Do not use the whole arm, to hard to have short contact and move the arm fast enough.
Hit the ball at the highest point

In the beginning it is important to value the ball good. If you move to bad, and the ball is not at the highest point you can not smash hard. Then you will miss. If the ball is not the at the highest point you need to lift the ball. I also recommend playing slow shots and strokes in the beginning and try to do the correct stroke/motion, it also will not become any play if you try to kill the ball. I highly recommend shadowtraining at the mirror. when you do multiball or robot you can train on smashing hard.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Spinlord 2709
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Lula.
When you say a open racket in bh with short pimples what do you Mean by that??
Then i think you only use pips for blocking or punch.
I use mine pips to block and attacking.
If i tried to have open racket then i could only use my pips to get in position to attack with inverted forehand or am i wrong???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Lula.
When you say a open racket in bh with short pimples what do you Mean by that??
Then i think you only use pips for blocking or punch.
I use mine pips to block and attacking.
If i tried to have open racket then i could only use my pips to get in position to attack with inverted forehand or am i wrong???

I mean that you Do not want to have a closed racket angle. When you flathit you want to hit behind te ball and not over it. Maybe it is better to say a neutral or vertical racket angle.