I wanna try a rubber with pips but to be fast

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
How do you define fast?

A quick tap and ball shoots off, ie high catapult bouncy types?

Or

The harder you smash the faster it goes?

For the first type, look for ESN produced soft pimples. Victas 102 gets rave reviews. However, soft bouncy pips may feel fast but looses high end power when smashing. The speed top out.

For the second type, classic hard pimples (hardest sponge versions of 802, 802-40, Haifu Dolphin). They are not as bouncy and may give the impression of "slow" to the uninitiated. But start smashing and you'll soon see how much more potential these have over soft springy pips.

Note, the faster it is, the worse it will be for chopping. Can't have both ways.

Reactions: chikuy
says Hi TT Comunity!
Lasta no explanation could be better than that! it noticed by it self you have a strong experiencing and you are able to share it which i appreciate, THANK YOU! now i will try with no sponge or at least 1.1 or so to taste it!

i take this time to let you that for me it gets hard to play against pimples players, that is why im buying a rubber sometimes to lend my racquet to other players for me to practice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Since you're just dipping your toe in the water, you might try this and quickly decide you hate it.

For that reason, I'd just recommend the class 802 short pips probably in 2.0 and see what you think. 802 is known as a do everything, classic style SP. And it's cheap. So if you don't like it, nothing really lost other than your time.

says Hi TT Comunity!
Thanks for your advise! i will keep this in mind!

Since you're just dipping your toe in the water, you might try this and quickly decide you hate it.

For that reason, I'd just recommend the class 802 short pips probably in 2.0 and see what you think. 802 is known as a do everything, classic style SP. And it's cheap. So if you don't like it, nothing really lost other than your time.