First custom made racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello guys! :)

Just joined this community, I already love it ;) and i want to get my first custom-made racket. I've played table tennis as a child (I'm 21 now) and now i started to play weekly, and I want to get better. I only had premade bats, and now, based on reviews, and tips on the internet i want to get this setup. It's only joola because in Hungary you can get these for kind of cheap price.

Joola Viva
Joola Zack vs Joola Energy X-tra vs Joola Xplode sensitive vs Joola 4 You

I read for first bat i should get the same rubbers for both sides. I am wondering which rubber should i get, because i am limited with money, I want to get a rubber which will be long lasting, and will have the capabilites for me to get better for a long time. I play weekly 2-3 times.

If you have any other suggestions for first custom-made rubber and racket i welcome them from any brand, if it is not too expensive, but i would prefer setups from only Joola ;)

Thanks for any help in advance

A newcomer in this forum :eek:

Last edited:
Joola Zack vs Joola Energy X-tra vs Joola Xplode sensitive vs Joola 4 You

I read for first bat i should get the same rubbers for both sides. I am wondering which rubber should i get, because i am limited with money, I want to get a rubber which will be long lasting, and will have the capabilities for me to get better for a long time. I play weekly 2-3 times.

I've personally used the Zack and Energy x-tra when I was starting out..

Zack for me was a slower control rubber, last AGES, I took it off my racket after 4 months and it looked almost like it did when I put it on (I do try to look after rubbers too :))

Energy X-tra was a soft and bouncy all+ rubber. Great control but I was a bit erratic with it at first due to the really soft sponge and catapult effect. In control and consistency regards Zack was better, but in terms of getting away with more lazy shots, xtra was easier.

Xplode I stayed away from as I was told it would be too quick and 4 you I was told I was too much of a beginner rubber and to pass it already, but I never actually used them to be able to say if it was true :D

Not scientific or up to the standard of some who post here, but thats my 2 cents :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I've personally used the Zack and Energy x-tra when I was starting out..

Zack for me was a slower control rubber, last AGES, I took it off my racket after 4 months and it looked almost like it did when I put it on (I do try to look after rubbers too :))

Energy X-tra was a soft and bouncy all+ rubber. Great control but I was a bit erratic with it at first due to the really soft sponge and catapult effect. In control and consistency regards Zack was better, but in terms of getting away with more lazy shots, xtra was easier.

Xplode I stayed away from as I was told it would be too quick and 4 you I was told I was too much of a beginner rubber and to pass it already, but I never actually used them to be able to say if it was true :D

Not scientific or up to the standard of some who post here, but thats my 2 cents :)

Thank you for your response :D you helped me a lot :) i think i will get the zack for both sides. For my first racket, maybe i should go for 'control and consistency' as you mentioned :D Later on, maybe my next rubbers will be energy x-tras :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
sorry for off topic, but is it me, or when I read in a subject custom made racket I think about a made to order racket (like bobpuls, GinjaNinja are making, or Robin.W, Ross Leidy or at least OSP) but not an ordinary professional blade +rubbers?

The term often gets used by people who have been using one of those rackets that comes assembled in a box.

When you have been buying blade and rubbers separately, you start thinking of that as normal and start thinking of hand made blades, made to your specifications, as a custom made blade.

So, here we just need to understand the context before we know which meaning the phrase is being used to mean.

Note: bobpuls and the others only make the blade. So when the term has that meaning, it should refer to a custom made blade. Not racket or setup. Racket and setup refer to the blade and the rubbers together. While blade refers only to the wood.

So a custom made blade can be thought of differently than a custom prepared racket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The term often gets used by people who have been using one of those rackets that comes assembled in a box.

When you have been buying blade and rubbers separately, you start thinking of that as normal and start thinking of hand made blades, made to your specifications, as a custom made blade.

So, here we just need to understand the context before we know which meaning the phrase is being used to mean.

Note: bobpuls and the others only make the blade. So when the term has that meaning, it should refer to a custom made blade. Not racket or setup. Racket and setup refer to the blade and the rubbers together. While blade refers only to the wood.

So a custom made blade can be thought of differently than a custom prepared racket.

completely agreed ! :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl