Training Balls

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
We use DHS D40+ 3*** for 40USD per 72pcs (TTNPP) and I actually don't see any reason to use something different, regardless if it is ofr robot, multiball or club play. Yes, you might shave few cents here and there if you start to fish at Aliexpress with more or less exotic brands but after some experience it's not worth your time and money once you have such economic and proven way such as D40+... indeed just my opinion;)

Reactions: deams59
This user has no status.
Yeah, exactly, I'm the one with an attitude. lol ;) I'm just happy I don't play with someone like you.

Anyway, getting back to the subject of training balls, while someone can keep being jelly, I've also tried two lesser known brands on amazon (​MAPOL and KEVENZ), horrible quality, breaks very easily and half the balls are not round. So, unless you are desperate, don't buy those.
just you continue to stay awesome big guy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
We use DHS D40+ 3*** for 40USD per 72pcs (TTNPP) and I actually don't see any reason to use something different, regardless if it is ofr robot, multiball or club play. Yes, you might shave few cents here and there if you start to fish at Aliexpress with more or less exotic brands but after some experience it's not worth your time and money once you have such economic and proven way such as D40+... indeed just my opinion;)

That is the balls I use too, Ding Ning picture on box.

38$ per 60 vs. 40$ per 72? Sorry, my math is saying NO...
So, before the DHS D40+ came out, what were you playing with? If you want to go cheap, go with 1* DHS D40+.

There has been slow and steady progression on these type of balls.

I think that the Sanwei Pro balls play just a little better.

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
So, before the DHS D40+ came out, what were you playing with?

Clones of 1st generation DHS plastic balls (labels "40+", "Cell free" or "dual") like Stiga Optimum, the most cracking balls I've ever seen. And expensive.

If you want to go cheap, go with 1* DHS D40+.
True, you can save ~10c on each ball vs. 3***. The question is if it is worth it because even the low level players notice small difference. Sometimes they can't say which is which or if one is really significantly "better" then other but in my view unless you really turn around more than a box (72~120pcs) a month you might simply stay with competition balls for everything and you don't need to care. Our club is perfectly fine with 150pcs of D40+ 3*** per year (6-months season with 2 home matches in teams league per week + 2x a week practicing all year long).

There has been slow and steady progression on these type of balls.
This depends on the point of view. In my world of 30+ years of more or less mature and unchanged celluloid ball production process these last 8 years are like big bang. Kingnik/Xushaofa with their seamless balls, Nittaku and Butterfly with several versions from their own factories, DHS with two generations of plastic materials, all of them very noticeably different in terms of look (surface), durability, sound, roundness... this is far from "slow and steady" in my view;)

I think that the Sanwei Pro balls play just a little better.
Are they? Because it's common consensus that there are only few actual factories and production lines able to make "ABS" plastic balls and so DHS is producing all these for various brands including Sanwei. They might differ in quality control but otherwise they should be basically the same. It would be strange if DHS makes much better balls for other brands than their own...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Alot of plastic training balls are eggs. Atleast yasakas. Some balls today are almost not playable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Yeah, exactly, I'm the one with an attitude. lol ;) I'm just happy I don't play with someone like you.

Anyway, getting back to the subject of training balls, while someone can keep being jelly, I've also tried two lesser known brands on amazon (​MAPOL and KEVENZ), horrible quality, breaks very easily and half the balls are not round. So, unless you are desperate, don't buy those.

Actually the Kevenz balls are great, but you have to get their 40+ ABS ball. I got 200 of them for $40 US and have used them with my robot for about 9 months. Only 1-2 had broken in all that time and I use the robot at least 5 hours per week. They are nice and polished now which is why they were retired. Compared to the Butterfly A40+ they bounce the same, are just a little bit heavier and a little bit more out of round.

The texture is rougher though. The texture is similar to the DoubleFish V40+ with the red lettering (the non WTC version)f

I purchased a bunch of DoubleFish V40+ balls from Aliexpress (.45 USD per ball) and the texture does not seem like it will last like the texture on the Kevenz ABS balls. I would love to know who makes these balls for Kevenz.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Actually the Kevenz balls are great, but you have to get their 40+ ABS ball. I got 200 of them for $40 US and have used them with my robot for about 9 months. Only 1-2 had broken in all that time and I use the robot at least 5 hours per week. They are nice and polished now which is why they were retired. Compared to the Butterfly A40+ they bounce the same, are just a little bit heavier and a little bit more out of round.

The texture is rougher though. The texture is similar to the DoubleFish V40+ with the red lettering (the non WTC version)f

I purchased a bunch of DoubleFish V40+ balls from Aliexpress (.45 USD per ball) and the texture does not seem like it will last like the texture on the Kevenz ABS balls. I would love to know who makes these balls for Kevenz.

I have their abs 40+ ones, it is better than their 40 ones but still QC is really bad, about 50% isn’t round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I don't go to clubs, I have a personal coach and play with friends at my company, on the days I don't have training I practice at home for fun and exercise. And why do you make it sound like 500 balls are very expensive? It's not, not even close to some high end blades out there. Also, do I smell a little jelly there? Hmm, tasty tasty jelly. :cool::rolleyes:
How good would it be if these folks who don't think the cost of 500 balls is expensive could donate 500 balls to a club to help them move onto plastic 40+ balls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
How good would it be if these folks who don't think the cost of 500 balls is expensive could donate 500 balls to a club to help them move onto plastic 40+ balls?

As a matter of fact, I donated over 1000 balls to my office, and a few paddles I don't use anymore. Also on a side note 4 pool cue sticks as well.