• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 53

    Thread: Training Balls

    1. Top | #21
      JST is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe

      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rising Dragon
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      277
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 184 Times in 120 Posts
      We use DHS D40+ 3*** for 40USD per 72pcs (TTNPP) and I actually don't see any reason to use something different, regardless if it is ofr robot, multiball or club play. Yes, you might shave few cents here and there if you start to fish at Aliexpress with more or less exotic brands but after some experience it's not worth your time and money once you have such economic and proven way such as D40+... indeed just my opinion

    2. The Following User Likes JST's Post:

      deams59 (04-11-2019)

    3. Top | #22
      killiegradge is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Scotland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Ulf Bengtsson Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Mark V
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Sriver (Black)

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      97
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa View Post
      Yeah, exactly, I'm the one with an attitude. lol I'm just happy I don't play with someone like you.

      Anyway, getting back to the subject of training balls, while someone can keep being jelly, I've also tried two lesser known brands on amazon (​MAPOL and KEVENZ), horrible quality, breaks very easily and half the balls are not round. So, unless you are desperate, don't buy those.
      just you continue to stay awesome big guy!

    4. Top | #23
      DukeGaGa is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      DukeGaGa's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Violin Large Handle
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      101
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by killiegradge View Post
      just you continue to stay awesome big guy!
      Thank you little man!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Top | #24
      Loopadoop is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler carbon
      Forehand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
      Backhand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0

      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Podunk TT City
      Posts
      1,973
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 491 Times in 368 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
      We use DHS D40+ 3*** for 40USD per 72pcs (TTNPP) and I actually don't see any reason to use something different, regardless if it is ofr robot, multiball or club play. Yes, you might shave few cents here and there if you start to fish at Aliexpress with more or less exotic brands but after some experience it's not worth your time and money once you have such economic and proven way such as D40+... indeed just my opinion
      That is the balls I use too, Ding Ning picture on box.

    6. Top | #25
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      2,833
      Reviews
      Read 71 Reviews
      Liked 1,334 Times in 848 Posts
      A but expensive but the Xiom 2 star balls are very good to use. Felt like 3 stars already.

    7. Top | #26
      chuckjordan2 is offline
      says I have a fantastic status, I
      just play like *%&#(
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States
      chuckjordan2's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity (85g)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Skyline TG3
      Backhand Rubber 61Second Eagle

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Richmond, Virginia
      Posts
      296
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 208 Times in 122 Posts
      The Sanwei Pro 3* 40+ I feel are now better than DHS D40+

      https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328661...g1554948781763

    8. Top | #27
      JST is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe

      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rising Dragon
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      277
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 184 Times in 120 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan2 View Post
      The Sanwei Pro 3* 40+ I feel are now better than DHS D40+

      https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328661...g1554948781763
      38$ per 60 vs. 40$ per 72? Sorry, my math is saying NO...

    9. Top | #28
      tzifos is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Greece

      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Defplay Senso v3
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft
      Backhand Rubber TSP Super Spinpips Chop II

      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Athens
      Posts
      59
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
      There are also these Double Fish 3* balls that you can get 10 balls for $5.2 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...899861914.html They are very good, I cannot distinguish them from DHS D40+ 3* (Ding Ning). Check them in aliexpress you might find them cheaper.

    10. Top | #29
      chuckjordan2 is offline
      says I have a fantastic status, I
      just play like *%&#(
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: United States
      chuckjordan2's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Infinity (85g)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Skyline TG3
      Backhand Rubber 61Second Eagle

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Richmond, Virginia
      Posts
      296
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 208 Times in 122 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by JST View Post
      38$ per 60 vs. 40$ per 72? Sorry, my math is saying NO...
      So, before the DHS D40+ came out, what were you playing with? If you want to go cheap, go with 1* DHS D40+.

      There has been slow and steady progression on these type of balls.

      I think that the Sanwei Pro balls play just a little better.

    11. Top | #30
      JST is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe

      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rising Dragon
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft

      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      277
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 184 Times in 120 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan2 View Post
      So, before the DHS D40+ came out, what were you playing with?
      Clones of 1st generation DHS plastic balls (labels "40+", "Cell free" or "dual") like Stiga Optimum, the most cracking balls I've ever seen. And expensive.

      Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan2 View Post
      If you want to go cheap, go with 1* DHS D40+.
      True, you can save ~10c on each ball vs. 3***. The question is if it is worth it because even the low level players notice small difference. Sometimes they can't say which is which or if one is really significantly "better" then other but in my view unless you really turn around more than a box (72~120pcs) a month you might simply stay with competition balls for everything and you don't need to care. Our club is perfectly fine with 150pcs of D40+ 3*** per year (6-months season with 2 home matches in teams league per week + 2x a week practicing all year long).

      Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan2 View Post
      There has been slow and steady progression on these type of balls.
      This depends on the point of view. In my world of 30+ years of more or less mature and unchanged celluloid ball production process these last 8 years are like big bang. Kingnik/Xushaofa with their seamless balls, Nittaku and Butterfly with several versions from their own factories, DHS with two generations of plastic materials, all of them very noticeably different in terms of look (surface), durability, sound, roundness... this is far from "slow and steady" in my view

      Quote Originally Posted by chuckjordan2 View Post
      I think that the Sanwei Pro balls play just a little better.
      Are they? Because it's common consensus that there are only few actual factories and production lines able to make "ABS" plastic balls and so DHS is producing all these for various brands including Sanwei. They might differ in quality control but otherwise they should be basically the same. It would be strange if DHS makes much better balls for other brands than their own...
      Last edited by JST; 04-12-2019 at 06:39 AM.

    12. Top | #31
      Lula is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden


      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,081
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 909 Times in 493 Posts
      Alot of plastic training balls are eggs. Atleast yasakas. Some balls today are almost not playable.

    13. Top | #32
      langel is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Bulgaria

      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Vega Tour
      Forehand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Omega VII Asia 2.0, Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0

      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      1,673
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 786 Times in 548 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by yogi_bear View Post
      A but expensive but the Xiom 2 star balls are very good to use. Felt like 3 stars already.
      Which Xiom 2** balls - Sensa ABS seamed, Bravo ABS seamed, or Tour training seamless?

    14. Top | #33
      symbat is online now
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: United States

      Equipment:
      Blade Viscaria
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G-1

      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      81
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa View Post
      Yeah, exactly, I'm the one with an attitude. lol I'm just happy I don't play with someone like you.

      Anyway, getting back to the subject of training balls, while someone can keep being jelly, I've also tried two lesser known brands on amazon (​MAPOL and KEVENZ), horrible quality, breaks very easily and half the balls are not round. So, unless you are desperate, don't buy those.
      Actually the Kevenz balls are great, but you have to get their 40+ ABS ball. I got 200 of them for $40 US and have used them with my robot for about 9 months. Only 1-2 had broken in all that time and I use the robot at least 5 hours per week. They are nice and polished now which is why they were retired. Compared to the Butterfly A40+ they bounce the same, are just a little bit heavier and a little bit more out of round.

      The texture is rougher though. The texture is similar to the DoubleFish V40+ with the red lettering (the non WTC version)f

      I purchased a bunch of DoubleFish V40+ balls from Aliexpress (.45 USD per ball) and the texture does not seem like it will last like the texture on the Kevenz ABS balls. I would love to know who makes these balls for Kevenz.

    15. Top | #34
      DukeGaGa is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      DukeGaGa's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Violin Large Handle
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      101
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by symbat View Post
      Actually the Kevenz balls are great, but you have to get their 40+ ABS ball. I got 200 of them for $40 US and have used them with my robot for about 9 months. Only 1-2 had broken in all that time and I use the robot at least 5 hours per week. They are nice and polished now which is why they were retired. Compared to the Butterfly A40+ they bounce the same, are just a little bit heavier and a little bit more out of round.

      The texture is rougher though. The texture is similar to the DoubleFish V40+ with the red lettering (the non WTC version)f

      I purchased a bunch of DoubleFish V40+ balls from Aliexpress (.45 USD per ball) and the texture does not seem like it will last like the texture on the Kevenz ABS balls. I would love to know who makes these balls for Kevenz.
      I have their abs 40+ ones, it is better than their 40 ones but still QC is really bad, about 50% isn’t round.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    16. Top | #35
      yogi_bear is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Equipment Expert
      Master TTD Member Country: Philippines
      yogi_bear's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Feel AX; Stiga Nostalgia All+
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 NEO Provincial
      Backhand Rubber Xiom Sigma II Pro; Stiga Mantra H

      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Philippines
      Posts
      2,833
      Reviews
      Read 71 Reviews
      Liked 1,334 Times in 848 Posts
      Sensa 2 star

      QUOTE=langel;269095]Which Xiom 2** balls - Sensa ABS seamed, Bravo ABS seamed, or Tour training seamless?[/QUOTE]

    17. The Following User Likes yogi_bear's Post:

      langel (04-13-2019)

    18. Top | #36
      killiegradge is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Scotland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Ulf Bengtsson Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Mark V
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Sriver (Black)

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      97
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa View Post
      I don't go to clubs, I have a personal coach and play with friends at my company, on the days I don't have training I practice at home for fun and exercise. And why do you make it sound like 500 balls are very expensive? It's not, not even close to some high end blades out there. Also, do I smell a little jelly there? Hmm, tasty tasty jelly.
      How good would it be if these folks who don't think the cost of 500 balls is expensive could donate 500 balls to a club to help them move onto plastic 40+ balls?

    19. Top | #37
      DukeGaGa is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      DukeGaGa's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Violin Large Handle
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      101
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by killiegradge View Post
      How good would it be if these folks who don't think the cost of 500 balls is expensive could donate 500 balls to a club to help them move onto plastic 40+ balls?
      As a matter of fact, I donated over 1000 balls to my office, and a few paddles I don't use anymore. Also on a side note 4 pool cue sticks as well.

    20. Top | #38
      killiegradge is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Scotland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Ulf Bengtsson Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Mark V
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Sriver (Black)

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      97
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa View Post
      As a matter of fact, I donated over 1000 balls to my office, and a few paddles I don't use anymore. Also on a side note 4 pool cue sticks as well.
      How do your colleagues manage to play table tennis with pool ques?

    21. Top | #39
      DukeGaGa is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Established TTD Member Country: United States
      DukeGaGa's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Violin Large Handle
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Dignics 05

      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Posts
      101
      Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by killiegradge View Post
      How do your colleagues manage to play table tennis with pool ques?
      By hitting you in the head.

    22. Top | #40
      killiegradge is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      TTD Member Country: Scotland

      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Ulf Bengtsson Offensive
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Mark V
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Sriver (Black)

      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      97
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 36 Times in 18 Posts
      Ah good stuff. Hope you hurt me which isn't hard as I am a soft Glaswegian!
      BTW do you prefer Dignics to Tenergy?(serious Q) and what are the differences?

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP