Exhibition Fight with Timo Boll, Evgueni Chtchetinine and others

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
In celebration of the 70[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary of our club we figured we would do something special and invited two legends of the sport, Timo Boll and Evgueni Chtchetinine, to our own little coliseum. Coupled with two of our own, Jorge Campos and Lorenz Schaefer – the former represented Cuba in the Rio Olympics in 2016 and latter is currently the #2 in Germany in the class of age born 2005 – the four protagonists delivered a highly entertaining exhibition fight with four single games and a doubles game.
We thought others might enjoy the content as well, especially considering that Timo doesn’t participate in exhibitions all that often.

Here's a playlist with all the videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu3DJhzhnb8_FfeSLhLKeSNabRRDN-Nmk

There is a gallery with a selection of images on our homepage as well: https://ttckist.de/galerie/

We hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
We are not sure what he played with on FH. There is evidence of him trying out the T09C in official events and that's most likely what he had here as well.
BH was definitely a Dignics ;)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
What level is the belarus defender playing at? Is he still playing leauge games? The plastic ball must have harmed his game alot i think, and must be tough to be a defender at his age.

Reactions: TTC Kist
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
What level is the belarus defender playing at? Is he still playing leauge games? The plastic ball must have harmed his game alot i think, and must be tough to be a defender at his age.

He is currently playing in a club called TTC Champions Düsseldorf, in the fourth highest league in Germany. We have a rating system here with so-called 'TTR' points. Boll is sitting at a comfortable 2605 and Evgueni has 2339. Our Cuban is at 2252 and the youngster at ~1920-1950, obviously fluctuating the most out of the four. The trend of his curve only knows one direction though ;)

Evgueni himself said that the plastic ball isn't really doing him any favours and he has obviously exceeded his prime. Nevertheless he is still really good, played 19:7 this season.

Reactions: Suga D and Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Evgueni is always such a joy to watch! He doesn't attack very often, but I think when he does attack the % of winning the point is very high in his favor. His shots often get blocked long, and I doubt he's a top spin monster... I would imagine he attacks so rarely meaning the opponents don't get a real chance to judge how much he is using.

Against Timo, it wasn't as exciting because Timo felt no threat from EC. He knew the attacks would be minimal, so he was able to effectively play safe with his loops and pushes. The jr. simply wasn't consistent or powerful enough to overtake EC. Ol' Evg is one of my favorite players, and shows that with good anticipation and knowledge of the game, you can be a classical defender at a high level at an advanced age.

He never has to move as frenetically as choppers like shiono or yuto M. Somehow EC remains in control much more often and does not rely on pure athleticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTC Kist
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Against Timo, it wasn't as exciting because Timo felt no threat from EC. [...] The jr. simply wasn't consistent or powerful enough to overtake EC.

Timo and Evgueni have known each other for a long time and played on multiple occasions. The youngster on the other hand didn't have this experience yet, barely anyone in the league or his age bracket plays defense, let alone with the quality that Evgueni has. From first-hand experience I can tell you, even with the plastic ball the backspin is completely ridiculous.

It was a fun event after all and the defensive plays added a lot to it ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Hq tt!

in celebration of the 70[sup]th[/sup] anniversary of our club we figured we would do something special and invited two legends of the sport, timo boll and evgueni chtchetinine, to our own little coliseum. Coupled with two of our own, jorge campos and lorenz schaefer – the former represented cuba in the rio olympics in 2016 and latter is currently the #2 in germany in the class of age born 2005 – the four protagonists delivered a highly entertaining exhibition fight with four single games and a doubles game.
We thought others might enjoy the content as well, especially considering that timo doesn’t participate in exhibitions all that often.

Here's a playlist with all the videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=plu3djhzhnb8_ffeslhlkesnabrrdn-nmk

there is a gallery with a selection of images on our homepage as well: https://ttckist.de/galerie/

we hope you enjoy!