Serve before receiver ready - receiver caught ball in hand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Just say I'm ready as soon as they do that. No need for a warm up at that point and you can't be forced to hit with them.

Thanks for the advice , it’s something I have started to do now. Im sure some of them do it to try to play mind games. I’ve also got in the habit of not trying to block or counter any of those shots back and let it be a surprise when I do in the match. ..

This user has no status.
With these ridiculous fast servers (thankfully you get less of them the higher up the ranks you go), I just fo the following.....

Pick up the ball.
Walk back to the table.
Wipe my hand by the net (pro style).
Walk back to my end of the table.
Check the score board if there is one.
Stretch out the legs.
Squat.
Get in to the ready position.

Finally.... give them their ball back! ;)

Optionally, rub ball against crotch while maintaining eye contact to assert dominance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
according to the rule NDH has posted, i think they have to be fair and give you a chance and not to add your opponent that point. Or wait TTF modify or update the TT Rules
The umpire still has to call let, and that was the problem; a player catching the ball is not "legal" according to the rules.
Though I would've let it slip, some other umpires will not.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
I’m so happy to see this thread as it’s my first season in local leagues in the UK and I’ve experienced all sort of shenanigans including the OP.
The one that really gets on my wick is when you are warming up and your opponent sees this as an opportunity to smash balls past you with complete random placement as if you are playing a point out . What is wrong with these idiots!

I refer to this kind of warm-up as a "Kingston Knock", for reasons obscure far beyond mere boredom.

Reactions: Suga D