New Sanwei Target 90 Red Provincial & Target Pro Blue National

Jim

This user has no status.

Jim

This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Just ordered Sanwei Target 90. Coming from Palio HK1997 looking for something easier to handle and more consistency.

Gonna be interesting. :)

Anyone have input or experience on Palio HK1997 Gold vs Sanwei Target 90 ?

Edit; Target 90 has sponge hardness 39 , HK1997 Gold has 48-50. I assume these are different scales and that the Target 90 is softer but by how much? :p

Last edited:

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
So Yogi.

I am the player that uses Tenergy and beats the vets that use long pimples and defenders, (I am 49), then i play a two winged looper who attacks all my serves and i cant serve tight enough and they attack all my tenergy fhs. So then I get annoyed and go back to Hurricane and then i have some great wins against the loopers and attackers as i counter better and can serve tight and they cant attack my serve. My best wins have been with Hurricane. Then I am a bit tired and play that lollopy no spin slow shot guy or the lp defender I beat 3-0 two weeks before and I get annoyed and go back to tenergy. This has been my EJ pattern for about 3 years.

Is target 90 red the answer with the soin, tight serves and a bit more pace?

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Have you tried harder non-tacky rubbers? I haven't played with it, but T05 Hard should make it easier to serve tight (less bouncy), but still be faster than H3.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Have you tried harder non-tacky rubbers? I haven't played with it, but T05 Hard should make it easier to serve tight (less bouncy), but still be faster than H3.

I really dont like the harder sponged non tacky rubbers and I don't seem to like softer tacky rubbers.
To me I can only really loop and power loop safely with the high arc of tenergy 05fx or Hurricane which I can make arc higher because of the tack

I suspect the reality is I should use Hurricane and improve my footwork TBH!!

Jim

This user has no status.

Jim

This user has no status.
Feb 2019
IMG_20191027_102650.jpg

Got the new Target 90 attached, old rubber went to new sanwei fextra blade.

Dont want to change both x and y. :p

Now time for trials.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
After reading review which is very useful, the only question I have, why they even made these 2 new rubbers? What market niche they tried to fill in?

STN is already so easy to play, especially on OFF- flexible blade. Now they added "Pro Blue" (don't think pro players will ever use it ) and on top added "Red 90". What is that for!? Both cheaper than STN

Btw question about STN:

Some packs have player photo in the corner, the others do not have it, which version of the package is newer?

Maybe it is pure chance, but I noticed that STN topsheet is tackier and very easy to scratch from the package without photo, even though ITTF number is the same.

Now after they released "Red 90" and "Pro Blue H38" I would be very keen to compare them with:

• old Hurricane 3 (H38, 2.15)
  • Yinhe Jupiter II (H38)
  • 728 08-ES H45

I think they are in the same competing group.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Y not try a non tacky rubber like xiom vega intro 2.0mm or stiga dna s 1.9mm

Thanks! I will try some like that!

I saw a new review from you about Jupiter 3 (a little bit expensive compared with target 90), talking also about Jupiter 2. Do you know how Target 90 compares with Battle II and Jupiter II?

thanks again, and sorry for so many questions...

So Yogi.

I am the player that uses Tenergy and beats the vets that use long pimples and defenders, (I am 49), then i play a two winged looper who attacks all my serves and i cant serve tight enough and they attack all my tenergy fhs. So then I get annoyed and go back to Hurricane and then i have some great wins against the loopers and attackers as i counter better and can serve tight and they cant attack my serve. My best wins have been with Hurricane. Then I am a bit tired and play that lollopy no spin slow shot guy or the lp defender I beat 3-0 two weeks before and I get annoyed and go back to tenergy. This has been my EJ pattern for about 3 years.

Is target 90 red the answer with the soin, tight serves and a bit more pace?

sounds to me that your problem is really playing against unorthodox plays but if heavy spin is your problem Target is as spinny but only easier to smash and play with. full potential on spin, i think hurricane 3 is still spinnier. you need to balance it, you cannot have it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1 and MOG
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
sounds to me that your problem is really playing against unorthodox plays but if heavy spin is your problem Target is as spinny but only easier to smash and play with. full potential on spin, i think hurricane 3 is still spinnier. you need to balance it, you cannot have it all.

At least the two black Red 90 that I have are a lot less tacky than the other tacky rubbers I've played with like H3Prov, H3Comm, Battle 2 or Bloom Power and they needed some booster to produce a high enough arc for me (still lower than boosted H3). Otherwise, yes, easy to play, easy to smash and inexpensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Sure there is a little bit of tackyness, but it’s not sticky like the rubbers I seeing holding the ball, etc. But I liked so far, just played one hour with it.

My blade however became quite heavy... earth 3 94g plus presto spin and sanwei 90 became a 195g combo. But I think I will get used to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A lot of people saying that Target 90 is "easy to play with". Can you elaborate one what that means? Specifically, in what manner is Target 90 easier to play with than H3Neo or Battle 2 or Big Dipper?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I tried the Target 90 on my FH today because it got good feedback on this thread. Target line in general is pretty well known, so I wanted to know how it played.Â

Coming from the likes of Bloom Power, Big Dipper, Battle 2, Tornado V5, I have to say Target 90 is a little disappointing. Its not bad at all, but definitely a step down from aforementioned. Some people praised Target 90 for being forgiving and easy to use, I didnt find anything forgiving about it. It has a somewhat dead sponge, so you have to hit through the ball and use your body to generate power. So the slower sponge is a little disappointing.Â

Also, the topsheet is not the normal Chinese tacky (hence the 90 name). It is on lower end of semi-tacky. If it was tackier, i think the bounce would feel even more dead. Its still pretty grippy though, so you can still spin, but I dont think spin is close to Battle 2 or H3 level.Â

So I think I will keep this rubber in my back pocket until I get into better condition before using it. It feels quite difficult to play with, so you need to be in good physical condition. Anybody think I am overlooking something about the Target rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
yogi_bear;269172Karet baru dari Sanwei

Pro Blue National

Target National Pro Blue adalah tambahan terbaru untuk karet ofensif Sanwei. Mereka merilis versi Provinsi yang disebut Red 90 dan National Pro Blue Version. Pro Blue memiliki lembaran atas yang sama dengan karet Target National asli tetapi mereka menggabungkan spons yang lebih baru dan lebih reaktif. Spons adalah spons biru keras dengan karakteristik semi porous. Muncul dengan 3 varian kekerasan pada 39, 39,5 dan 40 derajat. Yang saya dapatkan adalah hitam 40 derajat. Ketika saya pertama kali memeriksa karet dan mencubit karet dengan jari saya, tampaknya lebih lembut secara keseluruhan dibandingkan dengan karet Target Nasional asli dengan kekerasan 40 derajat yang sama. Bobot dari versi Pro Blue baru tampaknya juga lebih ringan jika dibandingkan dengan Target Nasional. Bayangkan Pro Blue asli yang belum dipotong memiliki volume yang lebih besar dibandingkan dengan Target National namun memiliki bobot yang lebih ringan dibandingkan dengan Pro Blue. Target National memiliki berat 70-72 gram yang belum dipotong sedangkan Pro Blue memiliki berat yang belum dipotong sekitar 68 gram.
Pro Blue memiliki jumlah putaran yang sama dibandingkan dengan Spons Biru Nasional Target tetapi berbeda dalam reaksi dan kecepatan spons. Saya menemukan bahwa Pro Blue bekerja paling baik jika ditingkatkan. Saya telah mencoba karet dengan dan tanpa booster. Awalnya, saya tidak suka Pro Blue karena lemparannya sangat rendah. Ini menghasilkan busur yang sangat rendah saat looping. Terkadang, bola mengenai net dan saya memiliki beberapa penyesuaian untuk menggunakan karet secara efektif. Bisa dibilang lebih cepat dari Hurricane 3 tanpa boosting dengan putaran hampir di level Hurricane 3. Pro Blue tidak ditingkatkan dengan baik tetapi busur yang sangat rendah membuat saya menyesuaikan beberapa kali. Saya meningkatkan Pro Blue dengan harapan bahwa lemparan yang sangat rendah akan ditingkatkan. Saya melapisi spons dengan 3 lapis minyak booster Falco Long. Saya senang saya meningkatkan Pro Blue karena rasanya sangat berbeda dari yang tidak di-boost. Saya merasa bahwa lemparan atau busur meningkat beberapa kali dibandingkan dengan versi yang tidak di-boost. Inilah saat saya menggunakannya pada beberapa bilah yang bisa saya katakan Pro Blue paling baik digunakan dengan booster. Spons sedikit melunak yang sekarang terasa seperti 39 derajat. Ini masih jauh lebih lembut daripada Target Nasional asli dan ini mungkin dengan karakteristik spons dalam menyerap dan bereaksi terhadap booster.
Jika dikuatkan, Pro Blue memiliki lemparan sedang dan bola masuk lebih dalam ke spons dibandingkan dengan karet Target Nasional yang dikuatkan. Secara keseluruhan, saya dapat mengatakan bahwa Target Pro Blue memiliki efek peningkatan yang lebih baik dan juga lebih mudah ditangani daripada BS Nasional. Pro Blue pada tingkat ini lebih mudah untuk berputar dan berputar di mana Target Nasional tampaknya membutuhkan sedikit lebih banyak keterampilan untuk mengeluarkan yang terbaik dalam hal karet. Saya dapat mengatakan itu lebih mudah digunakan daripada Hurricane 3 dan merupakan karet Cina yang jauh lebih baik. Bahkan jika Badai 3 akan dikuatkan, masih ada saat-saat bola mengenai jaring ketika Anda memukulnya dengan datar. Dengan Pro Blue, smash sedikit lebih mudah. Ini karetnya belum dirilis dan saya tidak tahu harga eceran atau pasarnya. Saya juga menyarankan menggunakan Pro Blue dengan bilah Medium atau Stiff.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Pro Merah 90

Ini adalah varian lain dari karet Target dari Sanwei. Saya mendapat satu warna merah dengan ketebalan maksimal. Ini juga memiliki kekerasan yang sama dengan Pro Blue namun terasa lebih ringan sekitar 67 gram. Seperti Target Nasional yang saya miliki sebelumnya, topsheet merah sangat norak. Ini bukan karet norak Anda dimana setelah dibersihkan awalnya dengan air kelengketannya hilang terutama dengan karet merah. Pro 90 dalam warna merah adalah karet yang lengket bahkan setelah digunakan selama 2 sesi. Saya memeriksa karet awalnya dan spons berbeda dari Pro Blue atau karet Target Nasional asli. Sanwei memberi tahu saya bahwa spons itu adalah spons tradisional Tiongkok. Inilah yang aneh dengan Pro 90 Red, unboosted sangat bagus dan mudah digunakan. Pro 90 sangat spinny karena memiliki topsheet yang sama dengan Target National. Spons Pro 90 memiliki efek rebound yang baik tanpa dikuatkan. Saya mengemudi, menghancurkan dan mengulang dengan Pro 90 dan ini adalah karet Cina termudah yang dapat saya putar dan pada saat yang sama memiliki jumlah putaran dan busur yang saya cari untuk karet forehand. Ini memiliki busur sedang hingga sedang tinggi saat melakukan looping underspin. Meskipun norak, itu mudah dihancurkan. Ini adalah varian Target termudah untuk dihancurkan jika dibandingkan dengan Target Nasional dan Pro Biru. Pro 90, saya yakin, adalah karet yang paling mudah digunakan di antara 3 dan pemain yang mencari alternatif untuk Hurricane 3, dapat dengan mudah menyesuaikan dengan Pro 90 dengan mudah. Ini juga merupakan transisi yang baik dari karet euro ke karet Cina. Karet melakukan semuanya. Ini melayani servis spinny yang sangat bagus dan menghasilkan banyak putaran saat looping. Saya meningkatkan Pro 90 dan bahkan lebih baik dari sebelumnya. Sanwei merancang ini sebagai varian karet Target yang lebih murah. Saya belum mengetahui harga eceran atau pasar dari karet tersebut karena belum dirilis ke pasaran hingga saat ini saya menulis ulasan ini. Karet ini bagus dengan kekakuan bilah yang berbeda dan tidak pilih-pilih. Ini paling baik sebagai karet forehand.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Too bad I just read this review, I already bought another rubber. great review!