New Sanwei Target 90 Red Provincial & Target Pro Blue National

This user has no status.
Just been able to have a proper indoor session with the Sanwei Target Pro. It's on my Yasaka Sweden Extra blade paired with a Donic Barracuda on the backhand. I never boost my rubbers.

Here's a short video of how tacky the rubber is when fresh - https://www.instagram.com/p/BxIO8RKHrUF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Here's my own take on it.

Drives
Forehand drives had a high level of control just like the Sanwei Target National (STN) and felt like there was slightly less kick compared to it. Probably due to the high density sponge. I was able to comfortably hold a forehand to forehand rally. Engaging the sponge with faster drives had great effects, dramatically increasing the speed despite my relatively slow ALL+ blade. The STPro is a fast rubber that still offers good levels of control.

Loop
Oh man. Beautiful. Loops have a low arc which makes it difficult for opponents to return when the ball kicks forward when landing on the table. I was able to generate tremendous amounts of spin on both fast, low loops, and slow, high loops, which were difficult for my training partner to deal with. In his words, it was hard to counter attack the ball or step further back because of the levels of spin being generated.

Lovely rubber for looping. Even more so than the STN despite the hard sponge. I think the reduced elasticity helps me control the ball better as I had to be quite precise when using the STN. In comparison, the Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial (H3NP) had a far higher arc and a slightly slower speed

Block
The rubber is very sensitive to incoming spin so you really need to have a very closed bat angle and a firm arm when blocking. Once you have that, the rubber responds wonderfully, again likely due to the high density sponge. I was able to deal with really spinny returns that kicked off the table if I had the right bat angle. I struggled more on my traditional penhold backhand (TPB) blocks as I couldn't close the angle enough. Also not a good rubber for passive blocks so you need to make more active blocks to keep shots on the table. The H3NP in comparison struggles to block effectively due to the spin sensitivity and the sponge.You need to be careful with the H3NP otherwise you'd end up with weak returns that can be easily smashed back.

Chops and pushes
The tackiness allows high levels of touch play and you can easily keep the ball low and close to the net. Care needs to be taken due to the sensitivity to spin and the high density sponge that you don't underhit the ball at it'll just end up in the net. Not a rubber for passive chops. I'd rate this equal to the H3NP and a bit better than the STN

Overall
I really really like this compared to the STN, perhaps more so. The H3NP is still a monstrous rubber capable of killer amounts of spin but the STPro is a firm competitor at a lower price.

One major thing to note. The topsheet is incredibly sensitive to marks - mine got marked just from the ball rolling over it! Definitely not a rubber for outdoor play. Having said that, the STN is famous for being easily marked but still managing to retain the same playing characteristics for many months

Last edited:
Tested the 39.5 and 38.5 degrees Sanwei Target Pro Blue and the throw is much better with both rubbers. I like the 38.5 degree version because of the arc. Both rubbers are not yet boosted by me. 39.5 was faster and had a lower throw than 38.5 but a bit higher than the 40 degree that i tested.

Tested the 39 degree version and it ia much better than the 39.5 or 40 degrees veraions due to less hitting the net. I still think 38.5 degrees is the best for most people since the arc is high enough to be forgiving.

So Reactor corbor are way better than Pro90 in term of spin?

Can Thunder or Pro90 be a good BH?
Because I read your review Thunder it feel soft so I think it can be a good BH like Tornado v5 that I use now for BH.
Dude i do not get it. You asked me to compare thunder and pro 90 then you arrived at a conclusion that Corbor, which is another rubber, is better at spin than pro 90?? You do realize that the Corbor is an entry level and beginner's rubber right?

This user has no status.
Dude i do not get it. You asked me to compare thunder and pro 90 then you arrived at a conclusion that Corbor, which is another rubber, is better at spin than pro 90?? You do realize that the Corbor is an entry level and beginner's rubber right?

sorry man. I has wrong type. not corbor I need to ask about Thunder and pro 90. sorry again for my bad english.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
Yes, target 90 is easier to use since it has a higher arc. Actually i prefer it coming over from an h3. Also it almost costs like a neo h3.

Hi Yogi! Do you think target 90 is better than H3Neo? Moreover, there is a difference between black and red target 90? I will use it on a Earth3 blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
H3 neo is still spinnier but again, pro 90 is much easier to use and smashes better. I have both and boosted. I love e3 blade. Use the Pro 90.

thanks Yogi! and what do you recommend for backhand? I´m at a beginner level, and using cj8000 biotech 36-38 sponge as my backhand, may I stick with it? Or change to something else?