what is the FASTEST set you can recommend

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I am interested in why you are asking? I think it depends alot about the technique aswell.
I also think it is hard to understand what is meant by the fastest. I used timo boll spirit before and now timo boll zlc now. I think Zlc is suppose to be faster but spirit is much more bouncier i feel so i think i have more trouble controlling that.

The fastest set is the One YOU can play fastest.
I've seen a lot of players playing much faster with slower setups and slowing down with faster ones.
And, of coarse, its a good test a coach could execute to determine player's style, level and prospect.

Reactions: Dr Evil and chikuy
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
When I was 12yo I built my own blade. Using an outer layer of concrete.

It was very fast. And a bit heavy, I should add. Playable, but I wouldn't actually recommend it.

Then again, skill levels and tastes vary. Beyond inner layer composite is pretty much where insanity starts, speedwise, for me. Ma Long seems to agree, Timo Boll seems to do OK with insanely fast, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: chikuy
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi TTD Comunity! I would like you to share your experience in what blade with rubbers you time could be the fastest raquet in the market we should able to find

ummm now im the one confused, bouncing don't have nothing to do with a fast ball?????

Can you give some explanation of why yo would like to know about fastest setups? Is there a reason or is this just simple curiosity?

I find it interesting that most top pros don't use extremely fast setups. Someone said Timo Boll does use a fast setup. TB ALC is not really so fast. For someone intermediate level or lower, a TB ALC is probably faster than they would want for developing skills. But still, not too fast to handle. For a pro, it is not so fast.

The top pro I can think of who stands out as using very fast equipment was Werner Schlager. What Jun Mizutani uses is pretty fast. But not as fast as what Schlager used. And for Mizutani, it makes sense that he uses something fast with how often he plays pretty far from the table.

But is there a reason you would want information about setups that are faster than what most pros use?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think Pros understand the the game if won in the small game. I think it is common belief at a lower level that the game is won by playing hard and always win the point by hitting by the opponent. Know that Jon Persson went from carbon blade, TB ALC i think, to a all wood blade becaue he thought he lacked controll in the small game. Was at a camp where he was a coach. Pretty funny that he almost had the slowest blade there haha.

Edit: pros also proably can generate good power and spin with slower stuff aswell due to good technique.