All-wood options

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
Hi,
I use Xiom Zeta Offensive, a fast 7-ply offensive wood, in combination with medium hard rubbers. I rely more on my backhand to open up and and my forehand is still a work in progress as far as looping is concerned. I can flip well from the backhand. I'm looking for an all-wood blade which is lighter than 90 gms. I've shortlisted Nostalgic Offensive and Akkad. Can anyone highlight the features of both or compare any or both of them to other good options. I'm not looking to spend more than 60 euros.
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Andro Temper tech off- is good. I’ve really enjoyed playing with this blade. It might not be as fast as the blade you currently use, but it has great feeling, decent speed, and if you look around you can find some good prices

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Andro Temper tech off- is good. I’ve really enjoyed playing with this blade. It might not be as fast as the blade you currently use, but it has great feeling, decent speed, and if you look around you can find some good prices

Have to agree, temper tech off- has awesome feeling and plenty of speed while still being pretty light weight

Reactions: Danny Edwards
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
The Nostalgic will likely have a harder more crisp feel than the Akkad. However, might feel softer the harder you hit, ie hollow on high impact. If you trust TTGearlab analysis, the Akkad is a medium-speed but very linear blade. Ie not as fast as the Nostalgic on soft impact, but maintains power better on smashes.

Neither are too fast to control, so depends on what you value more. I would probably choose the Akkad (hate the hollow matchbox feel of hardwood outer blades), but the Stiga might be faster on flicks.

This user has no status.
Btw, I'm curious how Goiabao compares to Stiga rosewood. I heard they have similar structures, but Goiabao is way cheaper.

I couldn't tell you as I've never played the Stiga blade but it's very crisp and worked wonders with Chinese rubbers as well as Tibhar MX-S. I rarely saw my topspins come back. The ALC blade which I use now does not match the Goiabao's power, but it gives me more control. Also, I've never had a good experience with all wood Stiga blades...

This user has no status.
I couldn't tell you as I've never played the Stiga blade but it's very crisp and worked wonders with Chinese rubbers as well as Tibhar MX-S. I rarely saw my topspins come back. The ALC blade which I use now does not match the Goiabao's power, but it gives me more control. Also, I've never had a good experience with all wood Stiga blades...

Sounds like a good blade, definitely worth a try then. I have YES and I really liked it, so I believe Goiabao will live up to the brand reputation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 3 reviews
I bought Stiga Nostalgic all-round with Fastarc G1 and Aurus Select. The blade is very good. It's way faster than an all-round blade with good control. The top layer seems hard while playing but there is good dwell time too. I love it on the backhand; you can flip easily, block and counter effectively. On the forehand, it's faster than I expected with G1, and it would require more work from me to stop the balls from flying off the table. I had to sand the neck of the blade, but I guess that is common for most Stiga blades. I'm happy I didn't go for the Offensive or VII versions. Those would be too fast for me.