New Butterfly robot Amicus PRO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
hey guys.. long time no posting in this forum..

just did a 4 ball program to improve forehand and wide forehand and recovering backhand and then a middle backhand

this sequence it seems to used often in a match so i had to make something that simulates match play.

i am happy that the robot can accept such custom programming for most of my needs

my BH needs much work and my slow old body needs to loose some weight!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
hey guys.. long time no posting in this forum..

just did a 4 ball program to improve forehand and wide forehand and recovering backhand and then a middle backhand

this sequence it seems to used often in a match so i had to make something that simulates match play.

i am happy that the robot can accept such custom programming for most of my needs

my BH needs much work and my slow old body needs to loose some weight!

Cool. Looks fun. Long time no see. Good to see you back.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Der_Echte,

great to see you again too.. you too have a great holiday season and hope you have a great year next year!

anything new and upcoming from Nexy next year?

i switched from my clipper to a slight slower more controled blade "yasaka extra special" it has a touch more dwell and with H3 and xiom omega asia it weighs 198... i think this is the magical weight speed power control and dwell set up for me now using the poly ball...

what you hitting now a days?

phamster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Time told

History prove you wrong.
I could have told you that back then too. There is great value in practicing loops against alternating back and top spin - even when you know whats coming!

My two cents:

If you take table tennis seriously and if you want to progress, then what a robot should deliver is: balls, that behave like real balls in a real match.

That's the single most important feature. The newgy 2050 does not deliver that (tried the newgy, too, my dealer has this two models). Has only one head. If you turn the balls faster, there will be more spin in the balls. Long balls with few spins aren't possible. Dead balls aren't possible. That's for play around a bit (OK for me, but not what I intend), serious training is not possible.

Yes, the Amicus Pro cannot be programmed to deliver different spins within one programm. May be it will be able later, but: As you cannot see what spin it is (there's no hand of a human being you can observe), it's questionable for a table tennis robot to give different spins within one program anyway - my opinion. I would have to learn by heart the sequence of spins. Not somethin I like.

For an ambitious player, the purpose of a robot is to automatize and enhance specific techniques, that's where the Amicus Pro helps perfectly. The fact, that you can set up to 6 placement points within one program (and a randomising of these placements, so you never know where balls will land - combined with easy or adventurous topspins, backspins, sidespins and spinmixes - and up to 100 balls per minute): that's giving lots of variety. And fun. And heartbeats. I didn't miss the change of spins one minute.

If you want a real match where you face different spins and placements, get a real partner - that's what I have been told and that's what sounds reasonable to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Hello all Amicus Owners,

I have the Amicus Adance for about 2 years now is the cable extension is broken, Is this cable special designed for Amicus only or can I buy it from a hardware store to replace it?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte,

great to see you again too.. you too have a great holiday season and hope you have a great year next year!

anything new and upcoming from Nexy next year?

i switched from my clipper to a slight slower more controled blade "yasaka extra special" it has a touch more dwell and with H3 and xiom omega asia it weighs 198... i think this is the magical weight speed power control and dwell set up for me now using the poly ball...

what you hitting now a days?

phamster

Wow. Why didn't I see this one 2 yrs ago?

Nexy had a number of stuff come out, always making new blades, but some rad new shoes and bat cases came out.

The last few months ttd member erm has been steadily nudging me into using dynamic equipment (at least blade and FH) I have been using an all wood blade Donic Persson Power Play with Vega Pro or Japan on FH and on BH, a rubber that came out a long time ago - Nittaku Moritso. My new nickname is William Moritso or Rocketman (Even though one of my friends has that name on MyTT) I never sweated what I used on BH too much, I do well with most control rubbers there and play strong.

ttd member nate4s has made a few blades for me, pretty heavy setups altogether over 200 grams. I break those out Thursdays or Fridays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Less than a meter should be more than enough.
It's hooked onto the edge of the table, so you actually need only very little space behind the table.

Thanks Suga D.
I asked the butterfly store person and he says it needs max 50cm behind the table. Is that true? I plan on putting it on my table at home, so I want to make sure I can fit it and have some room left to play before I make the purchase, as it will be my biggest purchase so far in my life.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
Hi ,
I’ve just measured it.
The net measures 30 cm from the edge of the table. You could have a gap of 35 cm and be ok. Ideally though to put it up and down it’s easier from behind the table but can still be done from the side.

Or you could just move the table , put it on , and move the table back again !

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi ,
I’ve just measured it.
The net measures 30 cm from the edge of the table. You could have a gap of 35 cm and be ok. Ideally though to put it up and down it’s easier from behind the table but can still be done from the side.

Or you could just move the table , put it on , and move the table back again !

Hi starsky, thank you for measuring it! I dont suppose the net will be different for different model of amicus.
I shall get the robot when it is available here!

This user has no status.
Hello fellow Amicus Pro owners!

I'm wondering if it's possible to program the robot to do the middle corner exercise (one to middle, one random to backhand or forehand, repeat)?

The closest I can think of is using the S1 and S2 serves as the forehand and backhand, having slot 3 as the middle, and letting the robot random between S1 and S2. The problem is the timing is extremely awkward and slow on the serve setting, so it doesn't really work.

Thanks!