New Butterfly robot Amicus PRO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I talked to the german Butterfly-crew lately (had a question about how to oil the head of the Amicus Pro, something that must be done halfyearly), they told me that maybe a new console will follow end of 2012. Basically, the actual console for the Amicus Pro is just a refined model of the the Amicus 1000' console:

Control Panel Mounted.png

1. What did they say about how to oil the head, I'm interested to know too.
2. Will we be able to just buy the control panel of the new console and replace it with the current one? I heard that it is possible to turn amicus 1000 to amicus 3000+ just by replacing the control panel.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

1. What did they say about how to oil the head, I'm interested to know
Well it just was a bad translation from the original english manual into cryptic german. In the english manual it's explained well and in detail. Means: I haven't done it yet myself and do not yet exactly know how to do it.

Will we be able to just buy the control panel of the new console and replace it with the current one? I heard that it is possible to turn amicus 1000 to amicus 3000+ just by replacing the control panel.
It's just a rumour that there will be a new panel - I cannot add more infos than this one. Ask Lukáč Csaba, if you want to learn more, he's the creator of the Amicus Pro. You'd better polish up your hungarian before:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

there might possibly come a new version of robot in 2013, with the functions which your customer is looking for."

Thanks. New version of the whole robot? That's new for me. We'll see...

And, let's hope the Amicus Pro will work with the forthcoming new balls, too.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
New Amicus

Hi,

Yes there will be a new robot :)
The new robot will be compatible with Amicus Pro base, so you can change only the box.
I hope it will be ready before "marketing people" close the next catalog.

I'm working on it hardly.... ;-)

BTW: Mr Lukacs from Biro Kft is not the same person who is plan mechanic of Amicus..
(some post before)

TyuTyu

Ps: Sorry if my English is poor..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi,

Yes there will be a new robot :)
The new robot will be compatible with Amicus Pro base, so you can change only the box.
I hope it will be ready before "marketing people" close the next catalog.

I'm working on it hardly.... ;-)

BTW: Mr Lukacs from Biro Kft is not the same person who is plan mechanic of Amicus..
(some post before)

TyuTyu

Ps: Sorry if my English is poor..

Hi,
Thanks for the info! will you offer to the amicus pro owners an upgrade for the new box for small fee? if not how much should the box cost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi,
Thanks for the info! will you offer to the amicus pro owners an upgrade for the new box for small fee? if not how much should the box cost?

It depend on decision. (marketing guys from Butterfly).
I'm sure we can find a solution if you want to change only the box ;-) ....
That was the one of the main goal, to make a new family (same base, and user can change the box.)

TyuTyu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
It is in the develop phase. I can't say exact time. (summer, but when ?[jul, aug])

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
TyuTyu: Can you give us some more info about new console? It will be possible program more balls like Amicus 3000+ ? Because Amicus Pro is nice robot but without possibility train some sequences. But its better than Amicus 3000+ because it has 3 motors. Balls are more real because almost every player send with topspin some side spin.

And if you have any more information to share with us please share :) THANKS! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
TyuTyu: Can you give us some more info about new console? It will be possible program more balls like Amicus 3000+ ? Because Amicus Pro is nice robot but without possibility train some sequences. But its better than Amicus 3000+ because it has 3 motors. Balls are more real because almost every player send with topspin some side spin.

And if you have any more information to share with us please share :) THANKS! :)

Some info: We have made first Amicus pro. The "market reaction" was good for strange looking head with 3 motors. :)
So we are making a new robot with 3 motors, and programmable sequences, but there will be more "position" than existing robots. (in A3000+ 4pos, A1000+ 6pos, A Pro 6pos).
We have to redesign the user interface (because a lot of possibility). I hope prototype of user interface will be ready during the next 2-3 weeks...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Idea

Hi TyuTyu - problem, when balls with different spins in one sequence: One cannot see what spin they have, there's no "human hand" showing it.

Possible solution, comes from one of my TT-buddys: Add a signalpanel, that indicates the spin. See picture below (click to make it bigger).

da.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi TyuTyu - problem, when balls with different spins in one sequence: One cannot see what spin they have, there's no "human hand" showing it.

Possible solution, comes from one of my TT-buddys: Add a signalpanel, that indicates the spin. See picture below (click to make it bigger).

View attachment 2163

Great suggestion, it would be very helpful!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi,

The current hardware (for new robot) doesn't support this. But idea is great, and I'll think about a "little add-on".
You think this signals are placed on control board or on the robot itself ?

TyuTyu

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
As, in real matches, you watch the hand of your opponent to check what spin they make and as tabletennisrobots should come as close to real opponents as possible, I guess, it would be best, when the signals are near the slot where the balls are thrown out = on the robot itself.