says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Falck 3-1 Gauzy...

NDH

says Spin to win!
Not sure if this has been said, but the lack of what I’d call “traditional” sportsmanship is severely lacking in the professional ranks.

The crap handshakes, the celebrating with coaches before shaking the hand of the other player, it all seems just a little off to me.

I thought it was a culture thing initially (the Asian players seemed to prefer a bit of a “high 5” rather than a proper hand shake), but it’s the same with a lot of Europeans as well.

Its not how I was brought up! Haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I mean in professional sports with big titles & money on the line, I don't need athletes acting like they're okay with a loss and genuinely smile at handshakes. Nah man. Just shake the hand and move on.

As for celebrating? I say for for it. Brings more excitement in the game when players are excited.

This reference might miss but here in the states, Baseball, once this nation's #1 sport, has long had these unwritten rules of "don't show anybody up." "Don't celebrate and act like you've been there before" and the younger generation has found it boring and it seems like baseball is constantly trying to find way to energize their dated game... Let people celebrate & have fun.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Many people in this forum forget one important factor when they downplay ML' skill and praise other young Chinese players. Even ML is still not in his top form he has enough experience with BIG tournaments that all these young Chinese kids unfortunately do not have . It will take LGY, LJK, FZD a couple more years to strengthen their mental game in WTTC, Olympic , WC just like ML had gone through before he could beat Wang Hao convincingly. Mental toughness at this level is HUGE...

Jan 2018
Not sure if this has been said, but the lack of what I’d call “traditional” sportsmanship is severely lacking in the professional ranks.

The crap handshakes, the celebrating with coaches before shaking the hand of the other player, it all seems just a little off to me.

I thought it was a culture thing initially (the Asian players seemed to prefer a bit of a “high 5” rather than a proper hand shake), but it’s the same with a lot of Europeans as well.

Its not how I was brought up! Haha
Japan is the role model when it comes to this. Their players follow the etiquette even in international competitions. In domestic competitions, they'd nod to the coaches on both ends and the umps before and after every game. Shake hands with the opponent before the umps and coaches.

China has actually gotten better in recent years. More eye contacts, more body contacts...