says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
iiXLaz1.jpg

Harimoto: Pay back in double.

This user has no status.
Sorry, guys, but Pucar is the better player - nothing to do with Dima's form.

World number 58 is better than a World Cup/China Open/European champion. Sure thing. You must be smoking weed of low quality. It's totally a form thing. That said, Dima may never regain his form.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2019/04/24/0012272085.shtml
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-24/doc-ihvhiewr8037697.shtml
  本届世乒赛,伊藤在女单抽签结束后就称形势严峻,因为在第三轮就要对阵孙颖莎,不过依旧信心十足:“我和她是同年代的选手,很期待这场较量,想赢她获得更多的自信。但是场上她的强悍发挥超出了我的预想,终究无法赢任何一位中国选手的话就拿不到奖牌今天的失利也是(奖牌争夺战)提前到来的败战而已。很遗憾我输了。”虽然这次伊藤在女单项目无法战胜中国选手,不过还有女双和混双比赛,她强调不会因此气馁,要好好准备接下来的比赛。
In this World Table Tennis Championships, Ito said that the situation was grim after the women's singles draw, because in the third round, it will be against Sun Yingsha, but still confident: "We're from the same era, I am looking forward to this match, and I want to win to gain more confidence. However, her strong play on the court exceeded my expectations. After all, if I could not win any Chinese player, I wouldn't be able to win the medal. Today's defeat is also an (medal match) early defeat. I am sorry that I lost." Although Ito can't beat the Chinese players in the women's singles event, but there are women's doubles and mixed doubles, she stressed that she will not be discouraged, and will prepare for the upcoming matches.

This user has no status.
Sure ITO lost badly to SYS (was trailing 0-3) but the 2nd and 3rd set she lost by 2 points only. TT matches are often tighter than it seems, with an extra bit of luck , the outcome of a match can change a lot. I wouldn't take today's defeat as a meaning that ITO will never ever win a big tournament and / or beat the top Chinese when it matters

SYS finished 2nd in the Marvelous 12 and could be the champion on Sunday. Its a 3rd round defeat but nothing to be ashamed of

Jan 2018
Sure ITO lost badly to SYS (was trailing 0-3) but the 2nd and 3rd set she lost by 2 points only. TT matches are often tighter than it seems, with an extra bit of luck , the outcome of a match can change a lot. I wouldn't take today's defeat as a meaning that ITO will never ever win a big tournament and / or beat the top Chinese when it matters

SYS finished 2nd in the Marvelous 12 and could be the champion on Sunday. Its a 3rd round defeat but nothing to be ashamed of

The ultimate goal of the JNT is Tokyo 2020. After Grand Finals 2018, Qatar Open and now WTTC, it's within reason to assume that Ito has trouble handling 3 events.

Harimoto pulling out of XD due to the finger injury could be a good thing.

Even CNT decides not to do that for FZD.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017

Ito's game is all about high risk/high reward. If she doesn't win the point in the first few strokes against CNT, the percentages go down for her rapidly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
World number 58 is better than a World Cup/China Open/European champion. Sure thing. You must be smoking weed of low quality. It's totally a form thing. That said, Dima may never regain his form.

IF you mean Dima is the more accomplished player, sure. But this is not a matter of form.

Pucar's recent results have been strong enough to show that Dima is not losing on form in that matchup. It is entirely your prerogative to disagree. But Dima's form is entirely fine. If he had played a player other than Pucar, it would have been very obvious. Playing Pucar, it was just as obvious to me, but not to you.

Lin Yun Ju beat Dima in a handicap match 2 years ago I think. He has beaten Dima just about every time they have played. You can blame form. I would argue that Lin Yun Ju is just the better player in that matchup. You could point to world ranking and other stuff if you prefer.

If I want to do a slightly deeper analysis, Dima tends to overpower most European players. Against Asian players, this tends not to work as well because they are used to power. And in Pucar's case, his size means he has no deficit in power. So other things tend to matter.

Reactions: Cktenders
This user has no status.
At Dima's peak he was winning Bronze medals and World Cup gold's. Pucar will likely never win a significant event in his career. Perhaps a few minor opens. Dima's form has been terrible recently, he has lost to all sorts of players. Pucar is just another one. It isn't some match up nightmare for Dima. If he's playing a weaker player than himself with a similar style that's a match up win. He is just not on form. I don't understand the Asians are used to power thing, are you claiming the Asians are more powerful than the Europeans? Apart from a few of the Chinese I don't understand that. Dima has put many of the Asians to the sword over the years. LYJ is a really fantastic player fwiw. Apparently not good against choppers though.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-24/doc-ihvhiqax4838159.shtml
  但这场比赛的重要性和外界的关注程度不言而喻,对手伊藤在赛前毫不掩饰对胜利的渴望,多次表示一定要战胜中国选手、战胜孙颖莎。对此,小姑娘坦言:“其实说不紧张不可能,其实还是很紧张。她现在对中国队来说,也是一个非常具有挑战力的对手,今天这场比赛主要还是我去拼她。”

正是因为战略上的重视,再加上摆正心态,让孙颖莎继去年德国公开赛之后,迎来对阵伊藤的两连胜。不仅如此,她还向两位良师表达了感激之情:“昨天晚上一直在准备,包括李(隼)指,刘(国梁)主席帮我分析。今天对自己就是一个字——赢!”
However, the importance of this match and the level of attention of the general public is self-evident. The opponent, Ito, did not hide her desire for victory before the match. She repeatedly said that she must defeat the Chinese players and defeat Sun Yingsha. In this regard, the little girl[SYS] said frankly: "In fact, it is impossible to say that I'm not nervous. In fact, I'm still very nervous. She is now a very challenging opponent for the Chinese team. Today, I'm still the challenger."

It is precisely because of the strategic attention, coupled with the correct attitude, that Sun Yingsha ushered in two consecutive victories against Ito after the German Open last year. Not only that, but she also expressed gratitude to the two mentors: "I spent the entire night last night preparing, including coach Li Sun and president Liu Guoliang who helped me analyze. One word for myself today - victory!”

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
At Dima's peak he was winning Bronze medals and World Cup gold's. Pucar will likely never win a significant event in his career. Perhaps a few minor opens. Dima's form has been terrible recently, he has lost to all sorts of players. Pucar is just another one. It isn't some match up nightmare for Dima. If he's playing a weaker player than himself with a similar style that's a match up win. He is just not on form. I don't understand the Asians are used to power thing, are you claiming the Asians are more powerful than the Europeans? Apart from a few of the Chinese I don't understand that. Dima has put many of the Asians to the sword over the years. LYJ is a really fantastic player fwiw. Apparently not good against choppers though.

This is weird - Dima won his Olympic bronze in 2012. He won his World Cup in 2017. Which one is his peak according to you? Dima is a good player no doubt, but what happened to him at this WTTC is not that different from what has happened to him at many WTTCs. When he lost to Lee Sang Su, you could have said similar stuff about Lee Sang Su that you are saying about Pucar and sounded credible. Pucar is 23. He won the U21 European championships in 2017. I guess we will see.

BTW, Lin Yun Ju is not even 18 yet. Do you realize this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Pick either. A player can have more than one peak. Look at Boll for example. Do you think Summer/Autumn 2017 Dima loses to Pucar 2019? If you think yes I would be amazed.

Not sure of the relevance of the LYJ comment. Yes I realise this sure he played in the Youth Olympics.
Let me put it to you another way so you can appreciate it better. Harimoto Tomokazu lost to Ruwen Filus last year. Is the appropriate conclusion that Harimoto is not good vs choppers? Or that a 15 year old needs get more physical strength and likely some more experience playing against the style at a higher level?

Let's just move on. Pucar has played at an exceptionally high level in 2019. You think it is a major upset but I don't. Time will tell who is right.