This user has no status.
To much tension in this thread...

I am feeling complex about the WD final. It is hard to know exactly what players was thinking in the match, especially in such nervous moment. Maybe SYS and WMY are just inexperienced in this big tournament. I believe they will have a bright future, but I also hope they can realize this to be a “not so fair” win, and be able to handle this situation better in the future. On the Hayata/Ito side, though unluckily lost, I think they are still the strongest pair in the world and biggest threat to CNT.

There are also some other such controversial points at crucial moment, but I do not bother to mention their names. I rather believe they were being nervous or inexperienced in this stage.

For those who say “China takes gold medal again! Boring!”, it is your freedom to express your feelings, and I fully understand it. But I hope you understand if you don’t want China to be so dominant, your government should invest more money on TT, your teams should hire more coaches, your players should practice harder, and your nation should have a great population of table tennis players, both professionals and amateurs. Reducing China’s strength to your level is not a good idea.

For those who say f*** words to Chinese players or even Chinese civilians, sorry, you are already in my blacklist, and I am happy not to see your comments again in the future.

This user has no status.
About JNT’s protest, I fully agree on introducing hawk-eye into games, though there may be technical and economic issues. But as for ethnically Chinese umpires...if this is not fake news, Mika Baba and Ito Mima’s word is very inappropriate, even a little bit racism. There is no proof that the misbehavior of the umpire has nothing to do with her ability to speak mandarin. Umpires are not able to judge the matches in which one of the player is from his or her nation. This rule has already ensured the fairness of matches. In this case, it is the fault of this umpire, not other umpires who speak mandarin. Also, what will other people that is ethnically Chinese in JNT think about this? Harimoto, Harimoto’s parents, Hirano’s coaches, ... are they are potentially helping Chinese because they can speak mandarin?If the news is true, I really hope they can retreat their words.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
About JNT’s protest, I fully agree on introducing hawk-eye into games, though there may be technical and economic issues. But as for ethnically Chinese umpires...if this is not fake news, Mika Baba and Ito Mima’s word is very inappropriate, even a little bit racism. There is no proof that the misbehavior of the umpire has nothing to do with her ability to speak mandarin. Umpires are not able to judge the matches in which one of the player is from his or her nation. This rule has already ensured the fairness of matches. In this case, it is the fault of this umpire, not other umpires who speak mandarin. Also, what will other people that is ethnically Chinese in JNT think about this? Harimoto, Harimoto’s parents, Hirano’s coaches, ... are they are potentially helping Chinese because they can speak mandarin?If the news is true, I really hope they can retrieve their words.

The race debate is sensitive but I don't think Ito was wrong when she raised the question. This question will be in our mind even Ito didn't say anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
From Page 34 of the Handbook for MATCH OFFICIALS (I cannot post links yet):

Qualifying as an IU demands strong understanding of the laws and regulations, several years of practical“on the table” experience, confidence as an official and a nominal understanding of conversational English as the basis for communication with international players, coaches and other officials.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I have already expressed my opinion earlier ..It's hard to believe that Miki Baba or Mima Ito allowed themselves racist statements ....Rather, there are nuances of translation ......

But, of course, if the judge spoke with a Chinese couple on Mandarin, which the Japanese couple do not understand, the judge was obliged to connect the Japanese couple to this communication .....As I understand it, this was not done .....
And this leaves people with questions .....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
For those who say f*** words to Chinese players or even Chinese civilians, sorry, you are already in my blacklist, and I am happy not to see your comments again in the future.

It is your lost for not to be able to face the truth due to ignorance. If I or someone on this forum were in your black list then too bad ha ha... because you'd never had a chance to defend your posting. How pathetic!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I have already expressed my opinion earlier ..It's hard to believe that Miki Baba or Mima Ito allowed themselves racist statements ....Rather, there are nuances of translation ......

But, of course, if the judge spoke with a Chinese couple on Mandarin, which the Japanese couple do not understand, the judge was obliged to connect the Japanese couple to this communication .....As I understand it, this was not done .....
And this leaves people with questions .....

Exactly right! Now someone here got the guts to blame Ito for racism.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
HAWK EYE MONEY WASTE. SORRY.

Hawk Eye system will cost you about 20.000 $ per match. I do prefer Suomi TTA idea of getting the game free of the "net ball" rule, once and for all.
Again, it is unlikely that the Hawk Eye system could be any help in deciding the balls passing over the net cord "just by a shave".

This is the very reason for ProTennis using a set of 8 standing cameras (Eagle Eye TV install) plus a net-cord-official sitting inside the tennis court to solely decide on the net balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
No I'm not drunk. I just wanna say that I love this forum. It's so much fun to share thoughts with people who are passionate about and understand this amazing sport. I know I almost never come off as easy to like, I'm straight forward and not everyone find that particularly charming :) Hopefully I have some opinions and views that maybe others can have some use for, I know I've really gained a lot by joined this place. Hope we can continue to discuss everything between heaven and earth.

Some play hard to get, I play hard to want.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
HAWK EYE MONEY WASTE. SORRY.

Hawk Eye system will cost you about 20.000 $ per match. I do prefer Suomi TTA idea of getting the game free of the "net ball" rule, once and for all.
Again, it is unlikely that the Hawk Eye system could be any help in deciding the balls passing over the net cord "just by a shave".

This is the very reason for ProTennis using a set of 8 standing cameras (Eagle Eye TV install) plus a net-cord-official sitting inside the tennis court to solely decide on the net balls.

Why does it cost 20.000$ per match? Where do you get that information from? I mean 20.000$ per table or per camera, I might understand. But per match?!? really?

But either way, the call in question here could have been resolved, if the umpire was simply allowed to use the video replay...

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
What I say is how we can say she cheated FOR SURE ? maybe she made mistake too

because she immediately points her finger to the net when she sees the umpire is calling a let. before realizing that she was acting like normal players do after losing a point. '

The actions needed to take place are pretty simple, u see a let u raise ur left hand. SHE DIDNT ! why ? cause obviously it was not a let.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
To much tension in this thread...

I am feeling complex about the WD final. It is hard to know exactly what players was thinking in the match, especially in such nervous moment. Maybe SYS and WMY are just inexperienced in this big tournament. I believe they will have a bright future, but I also hope they can realize this to be a “not so fair” win, and be able to handle this situation better in the future. On the Hayata/Ito side, though unluckily lost, I think they are still the strongest pair in the world and biggest threat to CNT.

There are also some other such controversial points at crucial moment, but I do not bother to mention their names. I rather believe they were being nervous or inexperienced in this stage.

For those who say “China takes gold medal again! Boring!”, it is your freedom to express your feelings, and I fully understand it. But I hope you understand if you don’t want China to be so dominant, your government should invest more money on TT, your teams should hire more coaches, your players should practice harder, and your nation should have a great population of table tennis players, both professionals and amateurs. Reducing China’s strength to your level is not a good idea.

Come on give us a break. u talk about tension and u create tension urself. U can like to believe whatever you want, but the video clearly shows what happened.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
Come on give us a break. u talk about tension and u create tension urself. U can like to believe whatever you want, but the video clearly shows what happened.

Please read carefully my comments OK? I never deny the fact that this was the fault of SYS/WMY and the umpire. What exactly do you want to talk about?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018

http://2008.sohu.com/20080821/n259099556.shtml
  第六局的比赛中出现了一个争议分,谈到这个,佩尔森表示:“在我看来,那个球是错的,他击球的方法不对,没有触及球台表面,而在另一边,他认为是他应该得分,所以不高兴,但是我们找到了最佳解决方案,重新比赛,这时候比分是8-9,所以当然很关键,我保持冷静。”

萨姆索诺夫则谈到了那个争议说:“我很失望,因为我本来有机会赢下来的,在我看来,那个球非常好,它弹在了球台表面,但是我们不确定,你可以看回放,但是没有放大。”

他也坦承比赛中受到了这个争议的影响:“我不知道会发生什么,因为比分非常接近。”不过尽管如此,他还是对佩尔森盛赞不已:“我非常尊敬他,他打的很好,他很出色,我只能这么说。”
There was a controversy in the 6th game. When talking about this, Persson said: "In my opinion, the shot was out. He hit the shot incorrectly, not touching the top of the table, but on the side. He thinks he should've scored, so he's not happy, but we found the best solution, replay the point, the score at the time was 8-9, so of course it is critical, I kept calm."

On the controversy, Samsonov said: "I am very disappointed because I had a chance to win. In my opinion, the shot was good. It was on the top of the table, but we were not sure, you can look at the playback, but not zoomed in."

He also admitted that the game was affected by this controversy: "I don't know what will happen because the score is very close." However, he still praised Persson: "I respect him very much, he played very well. He is very good, I can only say that."

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
When talking about this, Persson said: "In my opinion, the shot was out. He hit the shot incorrectly, not touching the top of the table, but on the side. He thinks he should've scored, so he's not happy, but we found the best solution, replay the point, the score at the time was 8-9, so of course it is critical, I kept calm."

On the controversy, Samsonov said: "I am very disappointed because I had a chance to win. In my opinion, the shot was good. It was on the top of the table, but we were not sure, you can look at the playback, but not zoomed in."

He also admitted that the game was affected by this controversy: "I don't know what will happen because the score is very close." However, he still praised Persson: "I respect him very much, he played very well. He is very good, I can only say that."

This I can respect, with both players acting in full integrity and respect for the other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
This I can respect, with both players acting in full integrity and respect for the other.
except Persson couldn't see anything from where he was, that's why Vladi was pissed and pointed at the replays. Vladi saw the edge, Persson should've given him the edge, that I'd call full respect. Instead he objected when he was in no position to object, other than he didn't want to lose the point. Sounds familiar? Cause that's what WMY and SYS did.

Last edited: