says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The full match with slowmo of that point.
XKGiijC.gif

In 16:9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
except Persson couldn't see anything from where he was. Vladi saw the edge, Persson should've given him the edge, that I'd call full respect. Instead he objected when he was in no position to object, other than he didn't want to lose the point. Sounds familiar? Cause that's what WMY and SYS did.

No, I don’t share your analysis here. And it’s in no way like SYS/WMY at all. Who were in perfect view of a clean service, and called only after the point was scored and noticing a waver of confusion between the umpires, jumping on it.

This footage, in my opionion, shows a hard to tell edge ball, with Persson actually in the best viewing position.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Persson's position? You mean on the opposite side of the table, with the table itself obscuring his vision? Brilliant position no doubt. Vladi had the best position because his line of sight lined up with the ball's trajectory.

Frankly, the reason I don't like the discussions like this is because I need no more than fingers on one of my hands to count people who'd definitely give up the point in such situations. Timo Boll, Tomokazu Harimoto, those sort of people. Those are truly the fair play standard bearers. All the rest are ABSOLUTELY the same. They will give you an edge ball if it's 4-4, they won't if it's 9-9. That's normalcy, not cheating. I've seen everyone do that, from Liu Shiwen to Dima Ovtcharov. That presents you with a hard choice: either all of them are cheats, or none. I've made my choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
Come on give us a break. u talk about tension and u create tension urself. U can like to believe whatever you want, but the video clearly shows what happened.

True. Some folks just have difficult time to accept the truth, unbearable truth and to them denying is the best remedy/strategy. There is nothing to feel "complex" (not sure what he meant by complex here, perhaps he meant ambivalent?) about. Lance Armstrong cheated and we felt shameful not just for him but for us who used to believe in him. Why can't this person do the same? Only cowardice folks avoid confrontation and truth.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
except Persson couldn't see anything from where he was, that's why Vladi was pissed and pointed at the replays. Vladi saw the edge, Persson should've given him the edge, that I'd call full respect. Instead he objected when he was in no position to object, other than he didn't want to lose the point. Sounds familiar? Cause that's what WMY and SYS did.

While I am not saying who was right in this case as I didn't follow it. But using Persson example to say SYS did was ok is a complete act of ignorance at best. We can use Persson example to say players should never do the same (if Persson indeed lied.)

Reactions: Vlad Celler
Jan 2018
Back before the MS final at WTTC 2017, LGL said this to ML and FZD.

http://www.dhs-sports.com/news/c06f97f4-c29c-7631-2ad4-9e72285e14a5.shtml
与观众活动区域隔开的持证人员通道里,中国队总教练刘国梁抱着双臂,叮嘱马龙和樊振东两点:一是如果场上出现争议球,都要以公正之心对待,假如都没看清楚,就听从裁判的,我相信你们都能做到;
"In the personnel channel separated from the audience's activity area, the Chinese team's head coach Liu Guoliang with his arms crossed, reminded Ma Long and Fan Zhendong of 2 points: First, if there is a controversy on the court, they must be treated with fairness, if both of you don’t see it clearly, you will follow the umpire. I believe that you can do it;"

Last edited:
Reactions: JST
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
We can agree to disagree about Persson. There’s room for that.

No such leeway on the SYS/WMY abomination. I understand about wanting to win, but there are limits.
then you shouldn't sing praise to Liu Shiwen after what happened 2 years ago in her WC final against Zhu Yuling.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
While I am not saying who was right in this case as I didn't follow it. But using Persson example to say SYS did was ok is a complete act of ignorance at best. We can use Persson example to say players should never do the same (if Persson indeed lied.)
I'm using his example to say that he didn't lie. He wasn't sure and he sided with himself and his own good. That's not fair to Vladi, but that's not unfair either. Fair vs unfair is a false dichotomy. To be unfair you need to be sure in what you've seen and to be dishonest to yourself and LIE. Can you be certain someone lied? Very seldom, because you can't get in their head. Xu Xin does stuff like zeio just posted regularly. Is he a liar? Or is he simply nearsighted?

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
then you shouldn't sing praise to Liu Shiwen after what happened 2 years ago in her WC final against Zhu Yuling.

If I praised LSW for her feats now, then that was not while aware of any exhibits of extreme unsportsmanship on her part. If there are, then shame on her and her medals become meritless. If, then. What happened, prey?

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Can you be certain someone lied? Very seldom, because you can't get in their head.

You witness their behaviour. Not calling the let when receiving, receiving all out, then showing dismay at the ball goes wide, accepting the miss — and only then jumping into dispute later on, reposltioning upon the umpirical confusion? That’s telling.

Reactions: Vlad Celler
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
You witness their behaviour. Not calling the let when receiving, receiving all out, then showing dismay at the ball goes wide, accepting the miss — and only then jumping into dispute later on, reposltioning upon the umpirical confusion? That’s telling.
if I receive and then see the umpire call a let, I'll question if I simply missed the let. If it's WTTC final and 9-9, I'll question myself even harder. When uncertain, 95% of the players side with themselves. Like Persson, like WMY/SYS, like Liu Shiwen.

Reactions: darucla and bricec
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Please read carefully my comments OK? I never deny the fact that this was the fault of SYS/WMY and the umpire. What exactly do you want to talk about?

I did read carefully that's why i replied like that. I didnt reach to conclusions like yours like people here hate the chinese as a nation . relax already. Everybody here is talking about 2 specific players and two players dont define china obviously.

what's next? are we going to discover american again?jesus with the politically correct agenda.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Through sport and values like fair play, that encompasses respect, friendship, team spirit, fair competition, sport without doping, respect for both written and unwritten rules, equality, integrity, solidarity, tolerance, care and joy, we can contribute to building a peaceful society and ultimately a better world.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
I'm using his example to say that he didn't lie. He wasn't sure and he sided with himself and his own good. That's not fair to Vladi, but that's not unfair either. Fair vs unfair is a false dichotomy. To be unfair you need to be sure in what you've seen and to be dishonest to yourself and LIE. Can you be certain someone lied? Very seldom, because you can't get in their head. Xu Xin does stuff like zeio just posted regularly. Is he a liar? Or is he simply nearsighted?

Let's us pay attention to this particular incidence and ignore the others for simplicity sake. The more variables you bring to table just create more mess. BTW, I still can argue from either Vlad or Persson's point of view.

We play table tennis, correct? This serve from the Japanese girl was not bullet fast, agree? Let or not at such elite level must be able to know. Otherwise such player should have stayed home and cook food for her family.

So, there is no doubt (undeniable lol) that SYS knew she lied. Then the umpire who was far away from the table went along with that. It means the umpire bias toward the JNT was questionable. At such critical point (9-9) SYS just acted out of instinct because she was afraid to lose after she hit the net and the ball went out! I've seen players like her did this to me many times when I caught him off guard with a quick serve.

So both of them (SYS and the Chinese umpire) were not fair and the end result was in favor of the CNT team (the penalty of 1 point and possibly the game then the match). Had it 0-0 or 2-2 in game 1 or 2 nobody'd care. But it is 9-9 in game 5 for god sake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Keeping aside SYS/WMY's behavior during the point, I would really like to know some facts about the event :

1. Who called let first - Umpire or WMY/SYS ?

So far facebook, youtube and TTD user's comments are all of different views.

2. Is the judge malaysian or chinese or malaysian of chinese descent ?

3. Did the judge talk in Mandarin to the Chinese pair ? Not because ITO claimed but because it was caught on MIC or many others heard the same.

It will be great if someone could point the facts about this and not opinion ??