This user has no status.
There's more money to be made in complex financial products, or accountancy. If money is the main motivator, walk elsewhere.

We are talking about sports here. I have no idea why we don't think the top competitors deserve good financial rewards? You guys sound like dinosaurs from the 70's who wanted to keep Olympics pure and strictly amateur. More money is good for the sport. It encourages more people to play and allows for more people to make a living from.the game.

"Love of the game is it's own reward". Don't give me that bullshit. You can have both.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
Well done Falck, now off on his trip to the final with full confidence.

tiertransport-schmal_Casarsa-i-700x431.jpg

Reactions: talbon
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
For ITTF, having Falck in the final proves that the ABS ball and the WR reform are beneficial changes.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Falck's BH bending away wide to An's FH finally stopped An. Great match. An played so well against the pips, the inside out inverted BHs did him in. An has a very bright future.

OK, who picked Falck in the finals?

Jan 2018
We are talking about sports here. I have no idea why we don't think the top competitors deserve good financial rewards? You guys sound like dinosaurs from the 70's who wanted to keep Olympics pure and strictly amateur. More money is good for the sport. It encourages more people to play and allows for more people to make a living from.the game.

"Love of the game is it's own reward". Don't give me that bullshit. You can have both.

UP with this. Love of the game is its own reward but I love monetary reward just as much. Feel free to help fill up my piggy bank. :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I think ITTF have to rethink about the nexts World Championship this system and ignore the ranking of chinese players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Ma Long vs Falck:confused:.
My prediction easiest 4-0 ever in WTTC final so far.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
UP with this. Love of the game is its own reward but I love monetary reward just as much. Feel free to help fill up my piggy bank. :cool:

You’re free to be easily dismissive and frame it away as dinosaurial.

That doesn’t take away the main argument. Sport is or should not be an enterprise driven by greed (financial motivation).

And yes, there is a secondary reward chain in place. Great sporters have great sponsor value.

If trying to separate goals and motivations an extinct species makes out of me, then so be it.

And yes, do drop valuables in zeio’s piggy bank. That effort deserves any recognition zeio cares for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Ma Long played Mattias Falck one year ago at WTTTC and although it was a 3-0 victory I remember it wasn't easy for Captain, not at all. Add the immense pressure and nerves and we might just have a close match tomorrow. One more thing: Qin Zhijian will be there for Ma Long, which never ever was the case in a major final because it was always CHN - CHN. If I'm realistic, Falck absolutely must win the first game. If not, it's probably gonna be 4-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
For ITTF, having Falck in the final proves that the ABS ball and the WR reform are beneficial changes.

or maybe LGL's abscence made some big impact. I highly doubt XX would lose with liu on the bench. there were several "unexpected" from the chinese in world tours and the world cup, but not so unexpected when ur no1 coach is absent

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Money is the great equaliser. Without money no one can compete with China for example.

its not that simple. japan has a huge budget for tt compared to china and they didnt achieve something big. china has more employees involved that are paid much less.

chen qi for example was paid only 700-800 euros to be a provincial coach in his province. and he is a former olympic gold medallist. his wage was too small and he coped with his everyday expenses because he was connected with some local sponsors that helped him. imagine how less money a non famous TT employee gets.