says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
He came in and looked like he couldn't move to hit his forehand, so ripped two backhand winners instead. Maybe he could learn from this.

As Boll puts it, you play smarter as you age.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
Jan 2018
All right guys, I'm off to Budapest with some friends :)
We should be at the venue Saturday and Sunday for sure so I'll remember to send you some postcards and "insiders" info. We are very excited to meet all the players, people there and experience the atmosphere ...
Keep posting! Best : )

Bring this with you. Bon voyage.

l5lcEWm.jpg

Jan 2018
TPbdI94.jpg

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-23/doc-ihvhiewr7733052.shtml
  她的杀手锏也因为被对手研究透彻而不再有优势,对此平野美宇很是明白:“以前只要快就能赢,现在大家都在打这样的球。如果说这是最尖端的话,不是那样的。我希望自己能更加成长,永远站在最前端。”
Her killer shot is no longer effective after being thoroughly studied. On this, Hirano knows it well: "In the past, I could win just by playing fast. Now everyone is playing like this. If you say this is the most advanced, then that's certainly not the case. I hope that I can grow stronger and stand at the forefront forever."

Took her 2 years to get it.

http://www.mytabletennis.net/Forum/...80&title=2017-austrian-open-09-1909-24#996380
She plays better this way against China. The style from ATTC doesn't work anymore. Not just China. Other players are getting the hang of it as well. This is a necessary change.

Jan 2018
When I think of the word "fierce" in table tennis, why does my mental dictionary always feature "Doo Hoi Kem" next to the the word?

Ishikawa's expression says it all.

s4plmYa.jpg

I remember meeting Doo Hoi Kem first in 2010 at the World Junior Circuit in Hong Kong. That's when I found out my friend was the childhood friend with her when she waved at "me." Been keeping an eye on her since. She's come a long way over the years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Calderano with huge 7/1 odds...

I took 'em on.

Would be some relief in case GOAT loses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Ishikawa's expression says it all.

s4plmYa.jpg

I remember meeting Doo Hoi Kem first in 2010 at the World Junior Circuit in Hong Kong. That's when I found out my friend was the childhood friend with her when she waved at "me." Been keeping an eye on her since. She's come a long way over the years.

Looks like she cannot do your dirty work for you...

Jan 2018
Not so quick. 0:3, TO by Doo, 0:5, 1:6, 5:6, TO by Ishikawa, 6:6, 6:7, 6:8, 8:8, 9:8, 9:9, 11:9.

ZYs4bzv.jpg

gPPywaS.jpg

uvpeuO3.jpg

uA0YNQR.jpg

xHKaDp7.jpg

4O16DCs.jpg

3os1Yso.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Ishikawa collapsed in the end, poor receive against the reverse pendulum.

Jan 2018
Told ya!

The issue of cutting corners is also evident in Ishikawa. Yup, her again. Can't help it. I've been keeping watch on her since 2009. In 2014, she said in a TV program she needed to work on her backhand, with her then new coach Chen Lili. She also said she had to work on the crucial points. In 2017, in yet another program, she was still fixing it, with yet another new coach, Li Lu since 2016. Her handling of crucial points is still disastrous as she pointed out in a news report after losing to Chen Meng. She also admitted to constantly imitating other players, never truly building on her own style. She copied Hirano's style after witnessing what she achieved. She revealed that she'd been focused on protecting her place on the team until she realized Ito and Hirano were already breathing down her neck. After so many years, she is finally back to working on her fundamentals. Yup, after years of cutting corners.

Bottom line? She just doesn't have what it takes. Zhang Yining said that much during her commentary in the final at the WTTC 2016.

Jan 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: Ioiettino