This user has no status.
I love that doubles match. It has everything spectators need. Powerful strokes, awesome placement, spinny balls, a lot of fist pumps. Plus Bobrow and the englishman (forgot his name) do a very good job commentating this match.

And I love the fact that one of the two teams will be in the finals for sure :)

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
7 points in a row from 4:8 in the 7th.

93tXN5L.jpg

1ZgIfyT.jpg

uzuf5ZO.jpg

FoWozrP.jpg

3Q6CsAy.jpg

tBh8dLy.jpg

This user has no status.
I'm probably making a whole deal out of nothing here as I think we're all pro handshakes but I don't buy that half hearted handshakes come just from young players. It's just normal reaction of disappointment when you're competing 1v1.

But go to this video of Ma Long Vs Vlad from just the other day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX0HAlbsEZ8&t=339s

9:40 is when the match is over. IMO Vlad's body language and expression on his face couldn't be more 1/2 hearted and I think he's disappointed.

So i think most, if not all players do this. And I think how he handled it was perfectly normal & fine. I wouldn't expect anything more out of him than what he did.

One thing that really annoys me is the players who will embrace their coaches before even shaking hands with their opponent. That is just downright rude IMO.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
One thing that really annoys me is the players who will embrace their coaches before even shaking hands with their opponent. That is just downright rude IMO.

Some times the joy of winning doesnt let you think if its rude or not :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
American football - Guys will seek out some guys and give cordial handshakes or say "good game" then head off. They're not expected to though.
NBA - Same.

Asked to do it and basically expected? Outside of TT, i can't really think of any off the top of my head.

______

I don't have a problem with guys being disappointed. Think of your own most personal, disappointing loss and ask yourself if your handshake felt genuine or if you did it with a big ole smile on your face. :D Of course not. You did it and went about your business. And that's how we react as amateurs. Imagine if it was your livelihood and basically everything you're about.

Those are team sports lol, every single individual sport ends with a hand shake.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
I wonder if Ma Long secretly wants to lose this match to conserve energy. LJK might be thinking the same...
He forgot to tell WCQ who played brilliantly. I hope ML doesn't forget to eat properly tomorrow. He said he ran out of energy after going up 3-1 in 2017 WTTC final against FZD as he didn't eat well enough.

Actually, I had posted in another thread that I didn't understand CNT putting ML in Men's Doubles and unnecessarily exposing him to additional risk of injury. I had hoped that he would lose in first round of doubles But ML is ML - he is going for gold in Doubles and hopefully will go for gold in Singles as well on Sunday.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
So I'm not the only one bothered by ML having the double duty of singles and doubles here... uhhh.

Really bad choice to play him here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
I don't know why you think its rude. I very much doubt that Gauzy or Chila thought of it as rude.

A player and coach often have gone thru years of working hard together just to get such a win. Its natural for them to celebrate important victories, especially winning a medal at WTTC when no one expected it to happen, perhaps not even the player or coach in their wildest dreams. He did shake Gauzy's and Chila's hand afterwards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
As a TT playing nation, Japan has obviously underperformed. In Korea, there is no special medal winning agenda around TT (although it is quite popular as a leisure sport). Still, Koreans have managed to grab the last non CNT Olympics gold as well as medals in recent WTTCs. Mind blowing indeed !!

Reactions: RidTheKid
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
no it is not rude at all. You may not reach their level that is why you won,t understand how they feel

Reactions: NextLevel