This user has no status.
Some players develop mental strength, Ma Long is a good example. Some appear to have always had it, Waldner, Vladi, Zhang Yining and Timo are examples. Unfortunately many never do. I fear this may be the case for Ishikawa, possibly Lin Guoyan too, we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
looking at Women's QF
against the 5 Chinese players, we have DOO, HIRANO and KATO left
and looking at the matchups, after all maybe KATO is the one who has perhaps the most chances (albeit very slight) to win.... HIRANO record against DING Ning and CNT since her memorable Asian Champs is 0... DOO is facing a nearly impossible task against N1 CHEN Meng, but DOO has been clearly improving this year.

KATO is playing the older and declining LIU Shiwen whom HAYATA beated recently, and after all she beated HAYATA... Given the way she qualified to the event, and that she already beat CHENG I Ching, maybe just maybe... she needs a miracle but she's had a few already....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
looking at Women's QF
against the 5 Chinese players, we have DOO, HIRANO and KATO left
and looking at the matchups, after all maybe KATO is the one who has perhaps the most chances (albeit very slight) to win.... HIRANO record against DING Ning and CNT since her memorable Asian Champs is 0... DOO is facing a nearly impossible task against N1 CHEN Meng, but DOO has been clearly improving this year.

KATO is playing the older and declining LIU Shiwen whom HAYATA beated recently, and after all she beated HAYATA... Given the way she qualified to the event, and that she already beat CHENG I Ching, maybe just maybe... she needs a miracle but she's had a few already....

I actually think Doo has the best chance. CM doesn't seem to be in impeccable form, losing unnecessary points and dropping sets to far less decorated players throughout the championship (as of 25 Apr). Kato might have the element of surprise considering she has never met Liu Shiwen on the international stage while LSW is probably one of the most analysed players since she has had a long career. Hirano might take one or two sets from DN but I think that's about it.

Reactions: Nemo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Today is one of the best days of table tennis lovers , after checking the list of matches . I wish Liu shiwen can win the title after years of waiting .

74313659ly1g2ant7g3v3j20jo0titcg.jpg

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Zeio, I love your subtitles.

"I was nervous af!"

"I clearly felt he spun the heck out of the ball today!"

Best subtitles ever. :) hahahahaha.

Well, I think I've lost a few subscribers (from Japan) the last 2 days after Japan suffered some great losses and I keep posting CNT interviews...

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-25/doc-ihvhiqax4939786.shtml
  赛后,张本智和表示输掉比赛虽然遗憾,但是也可以接受,“无论是拉球的质量、速度还是落点,中国队都比我们要好。”

男双之旅告一段落,但是对于张本智和来讲,真正的考验才刚刚开始,尤其是许昕意外出局,也让张本智和所在的半区缺少了中国队员的身影。许昕和西蒙鏖战之际,张本智和坦言:“我一直在看他们的比分。”但是谈到单打比赛,张本智和表示还没有想太多,“(这个半区)还有波尔,还有很多很强的选手。”

关于赛前手伤问题,张本智和表示目前已经没有问题了,目标是进前四拿到一枚奖牌,最大的目标是夺得金牌。谈到目前的状态,张本智和表示:“现在信心50%-60%,但是还要一场一场去打。”
After the doubles match, Harimoto said that losing the match is regrettable, but it is acceptable. "The quality, speed or placement of the loops of the Chinese team are better than us."

The men's doubles trip came to an end, but for Harimoto the real test has just begun, especially now that Xu Xin has been accidentally eliminated, leaving the bottom half without Chinese players. When Xu Xin and Simon were playing, Harimoto frankly said: "I have been watching their scores." But when it comes to singles, Harimoto said that he has not thought too much, "(this half) still has Boll, and there are still many very strong players."

Regarding the finger injury before the championships, Harimoto said that there is no problem at present. The goal is to get a medal by reaching the semifinal, the biggest goal is to win the gold medal. Speaking of the current state, Harimoto said: "Now my confidence is 50%-60%, but I'll play it one match at a time."

Last edited:
Jan 2018
http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-25/doc-ihvhiqax4956863.shtml
赛后,不服气的她哽咽着说:“过去一年时间里,如果说我是‘5’的话,那么孙选手的成长就是‘10’。我也完成了相当多的练习,做了这么多事情还是完败,真遗憾啊。”
After the match, Ito uttered unconvincingly: "In the past year, if I grade myself a '5', then the growth of player Sun would be '10'. I also completed quite a lot of exercises and have done so much. It’s a shame that it ended in utter defeat.”

Jan 2018
https://www.sportsroad.hk/archives/249078
杜凱琹賽後謂自己這天處於興奮狀態:「賽前練球時心情都好興奮,好想練球,但被瑞姐(杜凱琹教練)叫我別練太多,她說我太興奮了,我想是因為我很享受這個世界舞台。」能夠成功擊退石川佳純,杜凱琹說要歸功於去年底參加的日本T聯賽,受邀到日本球會Abyell當外援,打了三個月共八場賽事,當時正是與石川佳純做隊友。「那段時間因為與石川同隊,對她打法更有認識。在最後一局,頭5分她不停變換戰術,我也估算錯了,當時只想著要逐分去打,我處於落後也就打得更搏,又提醒自己反正落後就要保持質量去打。」
Doo Hoi Kem said that she was in a state of excitement today: "I felt very excited when I was practicing before the match. I wanted to practice so much, but I was told by sister Rui(Zhang Rui, Doo's coach) not to practice too much, saying that I was too excited. I think because I really enjoy this world stage." On defeating Ishikawa, Doo said that it was due to the Japanese T League, where she attended at the end of last year. She was invited to the Japanese club Abyell as a foreign aid and played 8 matches over 3 months, and she was a teammate with Ishikawa. "During that time, I got to know more about her style of play since we were teammates. In the last game, she kept changing tactics for the first 5 points. I also made some wrong guesses. I only thought about playing point by point. I told myself to go all out when behind, seeing I had nothing to lose, so just keep up the quality."

LUTjWwK.jpg

cLTjxbi.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Too much to keep up here...

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/pingpang/2019-04-25/doc-ihvhiewr8148404.shtml
  在中国的顶尖选手中,许昕是迄今都未曾输过给张本的选手,他的提前出局对于壮志雄心的张本是利好消息。日本男队主帅仓岛洋介也是一脸灿烂笑容,坦白地说:“(张本不必和许昕打比赛)这个结果太幸运了!”日本男乒已经在世乒赛40年之久未获得过单打项目的金牌,对其的渴望程度不用多说。仓岛表示,如果是世巡赛这样的比赛的话,“会希望尽量碰到中国选手,达到练兵的目的,但是这毕竟是最重要的比赛,希望可以尽可能地取得佳绩。”不过张本要想拿到金牌,接下来还必须过德国名将波尔等选手的关,“所以我们还不能有一丝的松懈。”

对于许昕提前败退,张本的态度也是冷静:“谁会打入决赛变得更加有悬念了,我当下的目标是首先要挺进四强。在我这区还有波尔等实力强劲的选手,如果我能在这区突围而出,(到了半决赛以后)才考虑夺冠的事情。”早前经历了右手伤病的张本,变得更加沉着地分析自己当下所处的位置。
Among the top players in China, Xu Xin is a player who has never lost to Harimoto so far. His early exit is good news for the ambitious Harimoto. Japanese men's team coach Yosuke Kurashima frankly said with a bright smile: "(Harimoto does not have to play with Xu Xin) This result is so fortunate!" Japanese men's table tennis has not won the singles in the WTTC for 40 years. Needless to say how much they want it. Kurashima added that if it's the World Tour, "I hope to meet Chinese players as much as possible to achieve the purpose of training, but this is the most important tournament after all, so I hope to achieve the best possible results" But for Harimoto to get the gold medal, he must get past the German star Boll and other players, "so we can not drop our guards."

On Xu Xin’s early exit, Harimoto's attitude is also calm: “Who will reach the final is now in suspense. My current goal is to advance to the semi-final. In my half, there are strong players like Boll. I will only consider winning the championship after the semi-final, if I can break out of this half. "Harimoto, who has suffered a right hand injury earlier, has become more calm when analyzing his current position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xylit and akoozab