This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Chen Meng is now the strong favorite to take it all. Her last 4 matches against Wang Manyu on the international stage were 4-2, 4-0, 4-1 and 4-1. Liu Shiwen hasn't won an international match against Chen Meng since 2013 (!), losing the last 6 with the scores of 1-4, 0-4, 1-4, 1-3, 2-4, 0-4. Should Wang Manyu reach the final, Liu Shiwen would have better chances, she's 2-2 in matches vs WMY, every one of them ended 4-2. Guess I'll be rooting for Wang Manyu in this semi final then if I want Liu Shiwen to take gold, which I do. On the other hand, it's about time Chen Meng won something big. Whoever takes it, they'll all have deserved it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
WTF happened in the DN-LSW match??? DN seemed to have it under control :)

LSW was testing the waters. To add salt to the wound, she hasn't even utilised her high toss serve the entire match due to the lighting and DN had so much trouble with her hook serve already. But the finals will be tough.

Reactions: RidTheKid
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Chen Meng is now the strong favorite to take it all. Her last 4 matches against Wang Manyu on the international stage were 4-2, 4-0, 4-1 and 4-1. Liu Shiwen hasn't won an international match against Chen Meng since 2013 (!), losing the last 6 with the scores of 1-4, 0-4, 1-4, 1-3, 2-4, 0-4. Should Wang Manyu reach the final, Liu Shiwen would have better chances, she's 2-2 in matches vs WMY, every one of them ended 4-2. Guess I'll be rooting for Wang Manyu in this semi final then if I want Liu Shiwen to take gold, which I do. On the other hand, it's about time Chen Meng won something big. Whoever takes it, they'll all have deserved it.

Seems like the favourites for Olympics will be Liu Shiwen, Chen Meng and Wang Manyu after the WTTC. DN crumbled during her SF w WMY during Qatar and now against LSW.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

History is good but I think there is something about LSW"s new style that CM and WMY have to deal with. It is not going to be easy and in fact, I think WMY has a better chance of dealing with it as she can take the ball later.

Oh and your analysis is correct, just trying to give LSW a chance lol.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Seems like the favourites for Olympics will be Liu Shiwen, Chen Meng and Wang Manyu after the WTTC. DN crumbled during her SF w WMY during Qatar and now against LSW.

Ding Ning is already in, only one more spot is open unless CNT want to change their selection policies. I also suspect they want to give the Olympics a narrative with Ding Ning going for another gold.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Ding Ning is already in, only one more spot is open unless CNT want to change their selection policies. I also suspect they want to give the Olympics a narrative with Ding Ning going for another gold.

That's true. Sorry I forgot about her being the champion because she just did so badly during the last three sets earlier on. OTOH if CM wins, Ma Lin will be busy and probably torn helping her and LSW prepare for the finals since they now share the same coach.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Payback for Asian Games 2018, Asian Cup 2019 and many others...

ru7sIrO.jpg

This user has no status.
Men's quarter finals are about to begin and I hope to see Lin Gaoyuan and Liang Jingkun in the semis !! :)
Hope so too. I'd much rather see one of these two win instead of ML winning for the 3rd time in a row. Though the best result would be if one of the players from the lower side of the draw wins.