This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Indeed I did because of "occasion" not sport but then you or someone else mentioned CL as a good example of "world cup every year that works well". I'm still all about rarity and taking your chances. You're not supposed to get many chances of glory but to take it when it appears. If you have a bad day it's too bad. If you're good enough you'll be in the same spot again and hopefully create a better outcome. You don't reward mediocrity.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I might be wrong, but I feel like this is being said from a position of someone who has never played a sport professionally.

The notion that you can judge a person's ability to 'step up for glory' based on just a few big events is quite ridiculous. So if there are 3-4 all time greats playing in the same era, with only a few World Championships between them, their performance on a few selected days throughout a decade is enough for you to differentiate greatness from mediocrity? Please.

Watching a high takes battle with 'glory' on the line might be fun for certain people from the comfort of their armchairs, but I'm sure you'd struggle to find professional sportsmen who like the idea of dedicating their entire youths to hard work and training, only to be judged based on a few special occasions. Mind you, the conditions on those precious occasions are unlike anything that can be recreated in training (pressure-wise of course). Are you gonna tell me there is no luck involved?

What we really need is a World Tour that will reward a healthy balance between Hard Work and competitive performance. As of now, in my opinion, we are putting too many eggs in not enough baskets.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
LSW in serious mode. No courtesy point!!

w5Li27u.jpg

JmRwUB3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
You have your opinion I have mine. All the tournaments in between the WTTC and Grand Finals are more than enough to satisfy. There's a tourney almost every month, do you mean that's not enough? Yes, success and making your mark on history is something precious and should be correlated to not getting unlimited number of chances. But except for WTTC you have the Olympics, then you have the European championship, the oceanic, the asian cup, african champs, the china nationals etc. And this is not enough? You want MORE tours? Do you work in broadcasting advertising?

I might be wrong, but I feel like this is being said from a position of someone who has never played a sport professionally.

The notion that you can judge a person's ability to 'step up for glory' based on just a few big events is quite ridiculous. So if there are 3-4 all time greats playing in the same era, with only a few World Championships between them, their performance on a few selected days throughout a decade is enough for you to differentiate greatness from mediocrity? Please.

Watching a high takes battle with 'glory' on the line might be fun for certain people from the comfort of their armchairs, but I'm sure you'd struggle to find professional sportsmen who like the idea of dedicating their entire youths to hard work and training, only to be judged based on a few special occasions. Mind you, the conditions on those precious occasions are unlike anything that can be recreated in training (pressure-wise of course). Are you gonna tell me there is no luck involved?

What we really need is a World Tour that will reward a healthy balance between Hard Work and competitive performance. As of now, in my opinion, we are putting too many eggs in not enough baskets.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi